WTB rear hatch for a 92 RS

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
shade34321
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

WTB rear hatch for a 92 RS

Post by shade34321 »

I just recently bought my MX-3 and noticed it didn't have a spoiler on it. I didn't think anything of it at first and figured I'd just pick one up later. Upon further inspection I realized some idiot sealed the interior of the trunk with sealant so if I wanted to replace the spoiler I would have to rip that out first. Color doesn't really matter I just want to help prevent it from leaking in the future or doing some damage I can't fix later on when I have more money to fix up my car! I live just south of Atlanta, GA and would prefer to be able to pick it up if possible to save on shipping. Let me know what you have! Thanks!
Sleeper6

Re: WTB rear hatch for a 92 RS

Post by Sleeper6 »

So are you in need of a hatch or just a spoiler? Cause it sounds like you could get away with installing just a hatch varnish like whats on the 4cyls to seal the hole, otherwise you can always get a gs style spoiler cheap. Then theres the wraparound style from canadian gs models and the really hard to find raised rs spoiler that seems to never be found in the US
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
shade34321

Post by shade34321 »

I'm not sure. My car is an RS so that may be what it came with originally. Here are some pictures and let me know what you think would be the easiest/cheapest fix for right now. In the future I would like to change the interior to black but right now I'm working on a very very limited budget:( Thanks for your help!

Can you see the homemade seal??

Pictures don't seem to be displaying with picasa...:/
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

your cheapest fix is to get a hatch garnish that will cover that whole hole and have a seal around it. You will need to pull the interior plastics of to get to the bolt holes. Actually even a gs spoiler will work as well and have a seal on it so you can get rid of that nasty permatex on the inside. Also theres a rubber drain plug in the spare tire well if you need to evacuate some water.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Sleeper6 wrote:your cheapest fix is to get a hatch garnish that will cover that whole hole and have a seal around it. You will need to pull the interior plastics of to get to the bolt holes. Actually even a gs spoiler will work as well and have a seal on it so you can get rid of that nasty permatex on the inside. Also theres a rubber drain plug in the spare tire well if you need to evacuate some water.
Not to be too technical, but there are 2 drain plugs. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”