Thinking of MoTec M600 for my ZE SC Project

A section dedicated to Engine Mangement Systems & Engine Tuning. Megasquirt, SMS, Haltek, ect.
wytbishop

Re: Thinking of MoTec M600 for my ZE SC Project

Post by wytbishop »

I have one word...

Thirty Eight Hundred Dollars!!!

I understand why it might be better, but I could not justify that cost for a car that's worth less than that.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

You'd need a rider on your insurance policy just for your SAFMS. :P
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Sleeper6 »

Im just gonna stick with what I said, If you have the money to get what you want and enjoy go for it. Most of us have been broke so long all we can think of is what we could build on a budget but somehow I dont think thats a problem for you. In the end it comes down to what would make the car the most reliable and enjoyable for you. So if your familiar with a specific software suite and spend the extra money on it, atleast you wont be broke down somewheres cursing out a program your not familiar with.

As for me, Ild go Megasquirt 'cause Im broke and it would get the job done till I could afford something better. If I had the money? It would be full aem management, sparco interior custom electronic adjustable suspension with a turbo'ld ITB box manifold and Im sure it would all be way more than the insurance man says its worth, but hey, Ive never gotten along with one yet anyhow.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I think most of the people on this forum (including myself) are more conscientous of price because we have done everything ourselves on our cars. You are asking a mostly DIY forum if buying an EMS for you car that is worth more than your entire car including everything you've done to it, is a good idea... :roll:

But at the end of the day I will agree with Sleeper6 and you should do what you want to do - we are each stewards of our own money and it sounds like you have made your mind up. I'm just saying don't expect many of us to give you support in your decision... but regardless I'm guessing we will be excited when we see the end results :D
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Mooneggs wrote:

But at the end of the day I will agree with Sleeper6 and you should do what you want to do - we are each stewards of our own money and it sounds like you have made your mind up.
I disagree. Get a megasquirt, and send the rest of the money to ME!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
bbunkerc397
antispam: No

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Out of 10,000 comedians, we have an amateur. hahaha :mrgreen:
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

What can I say...I'm SOOOOO funny... :roll: :lol:

Anyways, seriously, I wouldn't pay that much money for it. I agree with Sleeper and Mooneggs, if it makes you happy, go for it, but from a purely practical standpoint, I wouldn't.
I looked at the link you posted. Now, I'm not an expert on this stuff (not by a long shot), so I can't comment on the thing's features, but I am an electronics technician, and, one thing I CAN tell you is that website seems to have been written by a 3 year old. If the technical knowledge displayed in the info in there is a reflection of the product's engineering, I wouldn't buy a toothpick from them.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

MoTec is nice, if you can afford it and have a local tuner familiar with them, they work great. I too am not a fan of megasquirt, I prefer microtech's. It's all a preference thing, ask 10 different tuners which EMS is best, and you will probably end up with 10 different answers :lol:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I'm sure that the Motec is great and there's lot's of other great ones, probably better than MS...but it's just so much money. The whole reason that MS exists is so that there's an option out there that most anyone can afford.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea or not to do it...or even that it's not worth it. It might be...it's just so much money.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Motec is the best EMS out there, period. I'm looking at the same setup but to run turbochargers on, not a sc. What most people don't understand is that there is practically endless control possibilites with a Motec. Not to mention they have everything you could ever want and need to run an engine. I think the only thing it doesn't do is serve you coffee in the morning! Seriously though, there are other options for EMS's. I just can't see myself using a MS for what I want to do. My 2cents. :shrug:

If you guys knew what I was just quoted for a seq. gearbox, must would poop their pants. :oops:
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

jaydog5678 wrote:Motec is the best EMS out there, period. I'm looking at the same setup but to run turbochargers on, not a sc. What most people don't understand is that there is practically endless control possibilites with a Motec. Not to mention they have everything you could ever want and need to run an engine. I think the only thing it doesn't do is serve you coffee in the morning! Seriously though, there are other options for EMS's. I just can't see myself using a MS for what I want to do. My 2cents. :shrug:

If you guys knew what I was just quoted for a seq. gearbox, must would poop their pants. :oops:

a big difference between what your building vs what he's building jman
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)

Return to “Engine Electronics/Tuning”