My 1.6 16v

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Re: My 1.6 16v

Post by SteeleMX3 »

I feel like your taking bits that I really want and putting them in your interior, then posting pictures just to make me jealous! BTW, I like your gauges :lol:

also, nicely done on the splitter!
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Been a while guys.

The car's now been lowered 40mm and a few things have been done internally and externally, nothing massive.

The changing of the springs wa a complete pain in the a-- though!

A seized and annoying nut!

A grinder

Still wouldn't shift!

Some more grinding!

And a victory for brute f**king force!

Some new leather

Some more interior spraying

Some carbon

Some cutting

Some tinted rear lights

and some new pics
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Oh, who ever did this MX3, please talk to me (or if anyone can link me to a build up please do! I am thinking of doing this next year as I hate the tailgate on the MX3!).

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

don't you dare!!!!!

What's wrong with the mx as it is? similar to a vette or RX-7 etc. Shame.
if you were to search the del sol mx3 you will see the debate/hate. It was a FG hatch that is well past discontinued (or it better be).
Dragon1212
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Dragon1212 »

Man it your car but i agree NOt only do you lose most of the reason hatchback can carry large a-- objects you make car look Ugly, Lol,, Looks great now tho
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
Hunting For a Supra MKIV, but I'll never get one. Still Hunting.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

nightstalker wrote:Oh, who ever did this MX3, please talk to me (or if anyone can link me to a build up please do! I am thinking of doing this next year as I hate the tailgate on the MX3!).
That car even predates me, pre-2002. Search for Delsol hatch, a few have done it, some look ok, but nothing. Another option is the potential FD hatch, that's a close fitament and would probably be the least work. I think also that someone did a quick fit of an MR2 hatch on their Mx3, i know there's pics of that floating around...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Dragon1212 wrote:Man it your car but i agree NOt only do you lose most of the reason hatchback can carry large a-- objects you make car look Ugly, Lol,, Looks great now tho
Sorry folks I think the MX3 is ugly at the rear end, but to be honest nothings happening to the car anymore, I've had enough of it so much so that I was tempted to give fresh coat of fire.

I'm selling up in the new year and getting an MX6 2.5 V6. For some reason the 6 (with much bigger and powerful engine) is cheaper for me to insure than the pissy 1.6 MX3.

Sorry guys, this car is just NOT for me and I've had enough :(
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Sorry if my post made you have enough of this car... But is it seriously cheaper to ensure the 6-cyl? Pardon me if that doesn't make much sense lol.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
First Car, And My baby... $550 To buy and repair from Write-off... The radio and amp that was in it was worth more than that!!!.
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Dragon1212 wrote:Sorry if my post made you have enough of this car... But is it seriously cheaper to ensure the 6-cyl? Pardon me if that doesn't make much sense lol.
Lol, no worries. No, I was having a few personal issues with my life and I'd started hating everything.

Yes, for some reason it is cheaper for me to insure a larger engined car, something I couldn't figure out myself. It looks like I'm keeping the car for now and next year I'm giving it a big makeover (no pick up mods :roll: ). I'm going to get the body work looked at and straightened out, resprayed, new wheels, new interior, better suspension and possibly looking to turbo...... :twisted:
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

It lives on.

Winter gave it a battering and bits of body need sorting out drastically.

so picked up a new front wing (in red!?)

But the bolts under the car are seized and need grinding off and drilling out :roll:

Gave it a ghetto two tone spray job in satin black

which is best when wet

Stripped

and I picked up some new wheels
Set of 5 17 inch Hijoin split 5 spokes

These required new wheel nuts due to the hole diameter
and on the car

decided to tidy up the interior mods, replace the carbon center console vinyl and fit the gear and handbrake gaiter better

and also wired in some foot well LEDs

Fun fun fun
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Dude nice rims... i need to figure out how to attach my Neons.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Dragon1212 wrote:Dude nice rims... i need to figure out how to attach my Neons.
Internal or under car? For the internal ones I took the center console out completely and cut the wire for the bulb near the ash tray and spliced the wires into that using some connecting blocks.

I have just put one under my front spoiler cutting the wires on one of the lower spot lights and splicing the wires into that using once again, connection blocks. I had used adhesive on the LED strip at first but it kept falling off, so now I have attached it using some small cable ties (drilling 2 holes either side of the strip and doing this in about 4 different paces across the underside of it, it works a lot better- here's the result)

The lights cannot physically be seen until I turn them on so has been a good result :)
Dragon1212

Post by Dragon1212 »

Inside, mine is a actual 6 inch neon tube trying to mount it to the underside of the steering column.
Worklog for the Blue One
Worklog for the KLZE
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Was that a legit MS you snagged that fender from??? :shock:
If so you better go back and get the rest of it man theres some serious snagging potential there!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Sleeper6 wrote:Was that a legit MS you snagged that fender from??? :shock:
If so you better go back and get the rest of it man theres some serious snagging potential there!
Lol, no, it was just an auto 1.6 with an MS badge on it, getting the other side off the guy soon (JayMX3). If it was a MS car I'd probably have been kicked out by the wife and sleeping in a nice looking MX3 (as I would have had it all and spent all our money) :lol:

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”