Blue Halogen bulbs?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mikey3485

Blue Halogen bulbs?

Post by mikey3485 »

Hey im new to all of this mod stuff and I was just wondering if I can put those blue halogen lights into my stock MX-3 headlights. If so, any fellow Virginians know where to get them and what kind work best? Thanks in advance.(I feel like a newbie) :)
white fish

Re: Blue Halogen bulbs?

Post by white fish »

dont get blue get something called super white or hyper white it has a bit of a blut tinage it
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

try ebay the size is 9004
hi
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I tried both blue and white bulbs. Right now, I use white ones on my car, and you sure will see a significant difference at night. The light looks white, but it's so white that it also looks blue, too. I got blue bulbs at K-mart (I believe it was like $5 to $8 each) and it didn't do much. I mean, if you have money to spend on lights, you'd better go with white one and buy one at ebay. The price is reasonable, and I list the address at ebay which I just purchased about a month ago.<P>bungo<P><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 40&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>eBay - white light bulb site</A>
justin h

Post by justin h »

They should cost about $25 from any performance shop. I have plasma blue and they look good. If you want really blue get the plasma purple.
Brainless

Post by Brainless »

They're not halogene bulbs, they're Xenon or Krypton bulbs. You can have them white or w/ a blue tint. Got mine at ebay for 10$
Jonathan Michaud
93 Red RS
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

The blue ones you can purchase at the discount stores (Wal-Mart, K-Mart,etc..) are useless. I couldn't tell any difference then the regular halogens, but my blue ones only lasted about 1 year. I currently have the brighter halogens in and still can't tell the difference. Don't waste your money if you go with halogens. No experience with the Xenon so I can't give my opinion. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

I think youre looking for that BMW, Mercedes look. Well those are HID lights and they cost about $600. The closest thing would be Xenone blue or purple tinge bulbs and ebay is a good source.
hi
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

<A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... 79&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayI ... =0</A><P>I put these on my car tonight. They are blue and bright. Look very nice too. No problems as of yet.<BR>I got mine for $13 on ebay.
freakuency

Post by freakuency »

I have the white xenon bulbs on my mx-3. I purchased them off ebay as well for only 12 bucks but after driving with them for almost a year now they're not as bright as I thought they were.. all I see is faint white when driving on a dark road but when it's raining I can barely see anything...does anyone experience this? or do xenon bulbs just slowly go out after a period of time?
'93 MX-3 GS<BR>Ractive Dual-tip 3" Muffler<BR>Ractive strut tower Bar<BR>Custom CAI

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”