mazda mx3 a good buy?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jessica516racing
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: mazda mx3 a good buy?

Post by jessica516racing »

WOOHOO! I FOUND ANOTHER! haha 600$ (cus it isnt timed) white (not the color i was hoping for but oh well, will neeed to b repainted with a body kit on it anyways) and she CLAIMS its rust free! gunna send me more pics when she gets home but im thinking this might b the 1! you guys have no idea how much i have fallen in love with this car! and im not even a big fan of hatchbacks! :lol: (my dd is under the dd image section if ya all were wonderin what i drive/ride now) sorry about my excitement but i can get pretty excited easily :freak: <<haha :D
2001 vw jetta turbo with green neons (see in daily drivers image forum)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

We've all been there.... the mx3 that made us all fall in love and become an enthusiast. Be advised. if this is your first, it may not be your last :). My first was when I was 17. My second came when I was 25. I'll have my third some day.

Post up some pics if you can and we'll help you buy if you would like

and a side note.... 1000 posts FTW :)!
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Haha, you're slow.... I'm 19 and on #4
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
jessica516racing

so here is the $600 1 that I am going to look at tomorrow night
I find it weird they never sent pictures of the pasenger side of the car or the rear. But doesnt really matter it would be getting all painted after a body kit gets put on. I would rather spend an extra 200$ on this 1 than the rusty 1 that will cost more than 200$ to remove all the rust. and dents r no problem to me i know how to do body work. i could get rid of the rust on the other 1 but rust is never fully gone and i dont know where else there was rust that i culdnt see. probably leaky inside too since the seat bolts were rusted on that 1. 8)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Dentfixer

Post by Dentfixer »

Very cool, heaps of potential, love those yank seatbelts too, does anyone have pics of how they work, we don't get
those over here in Oz :( And what is with the headlights surely they could have given you guys glass ones!? Mine will be for sale shortly when I fit the 'Halo's'
Loving the white, good primer base for a new spray job! 8)
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

Dentfixer wrote:Very cool, heaps of potential, love those yank seatbelts too, does anyone have pics of how they work, we don't get
those over here in Oz :( And what is with the headlights surely they could have given you guys glass ones!? Mine will be for sale shortly when I fit the 'Halo's'
Loving the white, good primer base for a new spray job! 8)

because they have mad recalls and suck :P
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

but other then that the car looks really dec!
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

projectzemx3 wrote:

because they have mad recalls and suck :P
They do??

I had a '92 for about 3 years, and never had a problem. I LOVED the thing, and still is one of the reasons I'm looking for a new '92-'93. I don't wanna think how many times it may have saved me from a ticket... :shrug:

What kind of recalls? Safety related?
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Diddo, mine was an early 92 (manufacturered in 91) and owned it for several years and loved her.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Ryan wrote:Haha, you're slow.... I'm 19 and on #4
Haha, not everyone has the luck with mx3's like you Ryan

:lol:

I also had a 92 and loved it as well (my first car). The seatbelt was recalled but after the fix, it was fine. I love the stock GS seats in the 92-93 :)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

i have a 92 and many 93's
i have had good luck with all.... (knock on wood) and always will... :mrgreen:

ps... white is a GRRRREAT color for an MX-3
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i am not too sure what the recalls were for. i just know they had mad problems with something failing on them.

if you like the automatic seat belts then a mx3 with automatic seat belts is perfect! haha me personally i am not a fan, not to due with how they look or anything like that i dunno i just dont like them?
jessica516racing

i cant believe u guys r talking about the seat belts. lol its gunna have race seats and a race harness on both driver and passenger. :lol: but those seatbelts would do for the time being. i didnt get to see it today. i have to go tomorrow. the owner is a total b----
Dentfixer

Post by Dentfixer »

Had to sell my harnesses we aren't allowed to have them in a street driven car either anymore, belt HAS to be fixed to
the pillar :roll: the governments way of thinking is that if the car looks like a race style car the driver will drive like that :shock:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

My seat belts are post-recall, have been serviced, and have given me only a little bit of trouble. Typically the trouble is, the passenger side will go halfway up, then stick for a while til you slam the door.

One occasion however, I opened my door to pour out a drink(while moving, yeah I'm dumb like that and my PW motor was out at the time!!), and upon braking while closing the door... the damn thing locked on me, pinning me to the seat at an angle where I couldn't do anything but hold my breath until I hit a red light... Longest 45 seconds of my life, fearing that my MX-3 might literally kill me. Other than that event, I've had little to no problem with it... granted, I pull over before opening the door and pouring anything out now.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”