mazda mx3 a good buy?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

Re: mazda mx3 a good buy?

Post by hgallegos915 »

jessica516racing wrote:whats that supposed to mean? look I drove a friends before and all it really had was headers, short shifter, and an exhaust. It was pretty snappy and had a lot of go but I also read in a magazine someone who really bashed on mazda mx3's. Talking about how they seem fast but they really arent. I see all these posts about changing out engines to KLZE? is that what this thing needs just to make it fast is a whole different engine in it? I want a car that im going to be happy with and keep up with the STI's and Evo's on the streets.

I keep up with evos and stis in the streets. I love their puzzled looks when i own them. Specially the new v6 camaro owners. That always puts a smile on my face.

Its cheaper to make the mx3 compete with these cars than to buy one of those cars.

Stock evo 8 = $17k in my local market.

Mx3 with klze, bolt ons and turbo = around 3000 dllrs

Also, nobody likes my car so less chances of theft hehe.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jessica516racing
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by jessica516racing »

yeah and i dont want a car that comes racer style alreadyy. i want a project! i want a challenge! and i dont like how many subi's there r out there. i want something DIFFERENT. the only 1 of these i have seen b4 around my area is the 1 that my friend has that i drove that was practically stock and i will admit it was a fun little car. i was surprised to find this site cause i didnt know many people had the mx3's or that they were modding em nicely.
2001 vw jetta turbo with green neons (see in daily drivers image forum)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gee for some reason I'm attracted to this car. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/791998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And this. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 57&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

jessica516racing wrote:and for you guys to actually turn around and b nice i will say i will take my driving to a track rather than the streets.
Great! Thank you for understanding.
And, finally, welcome to the forum. :D
jessica516racing wrote: and no im not too girly to keep up with the guys. haha i like to get my hands dirty and grease all over. i can be girly too tho. im a perfect combination :)
Hmmm... Let's see you put your money where your mouth is...http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=49390 :mrgreen:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

jessica516racing wrote:Wow thanks guys. :D serious i am happy to be feel wanted now haha. so this car is only 500$ and a junk motor but ur right i read thru and plan on probably putting in a KLZE motor in it and big turbo kit. I may rally the car in my yard till i blow up the stock engine haha :lol: i live on lots of land. its awesome. plus with this car i can also save up money for a ninja zx6. and for you guys to actually turn around and b nice i will say i will take my driving to a track rather than the streets. wish i culd find a track that has dragstrip and motocross track! dirtbiking during the day then dragracing in the evening. brapppppp! and no im not too girly to keep up with the guys. haha i like to get my hands dirty and grease all over. i can be girly too tho. im a perfect combination :)

From hostile to humane :)! Glad you came around Jessice and welcome (officially) to the forum. You'll find on here that you'll get more bee's with honey and by asking the right questions. Going back to the "street racer" comments, I've been there myself, the sad thing is- I can search posts on this site when my username was different (and so was my mindset), where I wanted just what you did (unhindered speed to fly around on the streets).

Now that I'm older, it's much more admirable to be smarter than another driver than to just be faster.

You'll find that there are great minds on this site that can give you the knowledge to become one of them yourself :). Best of luck to you in your project and glad to have another female aboard!
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
jessica516racing

daninski those cars look nice. i dont want to buy prebuilt. haha i like to customize my stuff. well i am either going to see this car tonight or sunday.. then if i like it gotta find a day to get the car trailer down there to haul it home and clean out 1 of the garages for it to stay in so she dont have to sit out in the rain like the jetta does haha.
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

not a fan of the gtr wing on the mx-3 but I do like the euro bumpers on the car. My fav spoiler by far that I saw on the mx-3 was the eclipse one I saw a while back.
jessica516racing

check back later and i will put a pic of me on put a face to the people thingy :wink:
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

jessica516racing wrote:daninski those cars look nice. i dont want to buy prebuilt. haha i like to customize my stuff. well i am either going to see this car tonight or sunday.. then if i like it gotta find a day to get the car trailer down there to haul it home and clean out 1 of the garages for it to stay in so she dont have to sit out in the rain like the jetta does haha.
I know what you mean. I already had a lot of wrench time in on a couple of other MX-3's so I felt that got me braggin rights, you know did the ZE swap what ever. When a good deal comes your way it's hard to say no,,,so I didn't. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
jessica516racing

im on the last page of the show ur faces thing :wink:
-eunos-

Post by -eunos- »

Hey Jessica, (http://www.teameunos.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) you'll get a few more ppl on there like myself that don't just want the stock oem look... and one of the blokes on there modify's the engine to race... add me on msn...
jessica516racing

so i went and looked at that car.. tell me what you guys think? needs body work on all panels. has rust on doors, bolts holding seats in, some under the hood.. needs motor replaced. sound like a good project?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Personally I'd look for a rust-free shell with a blown motor. If the doors and everything are rusted, chances are the underbody is badly rusted too. This usually results in the car not being able to be safetied (if safety inspections are done wherever you're from).
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

+1

If you can find one with minimal rust/damage to the body but with a crap engine, that'll save you some headache as most of us are not experts when it comes to bodywork. Crackes bumpers and dented fenders are ok as theyre replaceable but quarter panels and such are not fun/easy to repair.

But, if you ARE handy with the welder, grinder, and bondo, then the sky is the limit
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

I will second the (no rust) project car. My GS was "my project" car from ground up.
The rust was and still is today, an issue. Im doing brake lines now,
from firewall, all the way back... it sucks bad, the rust makes it extra dirty under there.
Everything has to be replaced. Find you a good SE... :lol:
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”