mazda mx3 a good buy?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: mazda mx3 a good buy?

Post by mikeinaus »

if you read my second post i believe i answered your question...
jessica516racing
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by jessica516racing »

oh and thanks mikeinaus :D i mean it.
2001 vw jetta turbo with green neons (see in daily drivers image forum)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

jessica516racing wrote::shrug: you guys r a waste of time.

Yes, we are. Anybody who tells you you're wrong, or who tries to make you see that others have rights too (like the right to cross the street without being smashed to pieces ) is OBVIOUSLY a waste of time. After all, you have to be very STUPID to think other people's right ti LIVE is more important than your right to have fun...right?

But then again, you've never hit anybody...yet. I just hope they put you in jail, before you do.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

OK lets bring this down a notch.
Jessica I think what would help is reading some of the forums first, get a flavour for what the site is all about. When I went on MX6 or Probetalk I started off easy until I felt comfotable with the forum and how people responded there. You did come on a little heavy talking about street racing and keeping up with other street racers. Because of the liability issue that this web site owner could face if he was seen as condoning street racing even if people here have slipped with their right foot on the gas pedal a few times we simply have to stay away from that kind of discussion. Please stick around and I'm sure the people here would love to help you and answer your questions. Unless of course your too girlie to hold your own again us guys. :P Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Daninski wrote:OK lets bring this down a notch.
Jessica I think what would help is reading some of the forums first, get a flavour for what the site is all about. When I went on MX6 or Probetalk I started off easy until I felt comfotable with the forum and how people responded there. You did come on a little heavy talking about street racing and keeping up with other street racers. Because of the liability issue that this web site owner could face if he was seen as condoning street racing even if people here have slipped with their right foot on the gas pedal a few times we simply have to stay away from that kind of discussion. Please stick around and I'm sure the people here would love to help you and answer your questions. Unless of course your too girlie to hold your own again us guys. :P Cheers
+1

Any car can be competitive with the right owner and right research. Just make sure its safe and legal, and keep those hondas down 8)
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Savin

Post by Savin »

Daninski wrote:Because of the liability issue that this web site owner could face if he was seen as condoning street racing even if people here have slipped with their right foot on the gas pedal a few times we simply have to stay away from that kind of discussion.
I always thought it was against the rules of the forum to even talk about street racing, not just frowned upon and such.

Anyway as Danny-Boy(gotta make you feel young! :lol: ) said, Jessica, Stick around. After reading and searching I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. If not, just make sure you ask the right form of questions and people will be willing to help.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Daninski wrote:OK lets bring this down a notch.
Just so we're clear: I don't have any animosity against Jessica, or anybody else in this forum. If anything, I read this thread because I was thrilled to have another girl here, being how we lost a few lately.
But I have witnessed (not personally, or I'd be in jail right now) how a stupid street racer killed a 1 1/2 year old baby and her mother, in Buenos Aires, in the '90s. And then, I saw the guy show up on TV (daddy was loaded), crying, saying he wasn't speeding, it was just a freak accident (his twin turbo civic hatchback left a 270ft long thread mark, as measured by the police, and he practically dismembered the baby, but he wasn't speeding... :roll: ).

So, for me, this is not about bashing a new member, nor about forum liability. I just despise people who only care about themselves, period. If that makes me a bad guy, or "close minded", so be it. I just don't want any more kids being scraped off the pavement.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

bottom line dollar for dollar a mx3 is the better bet than any civic, dollar cost per hp is cheaper on the mx3. Dropping in the bigger engine which is a very easy swap nets you a lot more hp, projectzemx3 you are dead wrong the car can be fast the stock setup is not great I admit but they have great potential as a tuner car. My stocker is pretty snappy just took a few light mods. Keep in mind the car is almost the same weight as a civic and there are not to many civics out there that can run 200 hp for n/a unless its a ka20a swapped civic.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Quite.

Mx-3's are great cars if you put the work into them, but stock, they can't compete with anything howadays, even a KLZE'd swpped Mx-3 is starting to get left behind with the new stuf coming out. With the popularity of factory turbocharged cars, it's easy to squeeze more power out of them with a few bolt on and some chips/programming. Our cars are limited by their design, new cars are limited by the manufacturers and through software...the new stuff is just that advanced now.

For street racing, it doesn't matter how safe you try to be, it's still dangerous and it's still illegal. We were all young and stupid once, so we know your mentality, and we're saying it from. Street racing is dangrous and stupid, no excuses or reasoning will change that.

Assuming that you're a young girl that's relatively inexperienced in terms of driving and that a KL Mx3 will get you into trouble, if not hurt of killed. I've seen a fair amout of people here sell their modified Mx-3's to young kids and to have them wrap it around a tree 3 weeks later. A friend of mine, never was part of this club, but he owned the 4cyl Mx-3 before I got mine, his had the measly 88hp SOHC motor and got so many speeding tickets that he had to take the car off the road cause he cound afford the over $4000+/year it was to insure himself with it. My car was swapped to the 198hp 2.5L KLZE, making over double the power his car had, but yet only got 1 speeding ticket with it, and that was because I wasn't paying attention and arguting with the at-the-time-x-girlfriend.

As I said, they're great cars if you spend the time and money on them, but with the street racing mentality, you're going to get into alot of trouble, hurt yourself or someone, or even kill yourself. We hope you don't, that's why were giving you a hard time. Last thing we want to see in the news is a young girl driving a modified mx-3 dead from speeding/racing. We don't want to say we told you so, and we can't if you're dead, but you wouldn't get any remorse from me and to your family because of that. Ya I'm that mean when someone gets what they deserve...Oh, and I know how your family would feel, my sister died in a winter-related car accident 2 and a half years ago and I still wouldn't fel bad for them. But picture for a moment, how sad your family would be, how much they would cry, if they ever lost you. Picture them balling their eyes out for weeks or months because their little baby isn't around anymore. If you can picture that, honestly, even for a second, it woud change your mind. Because trust me, you don't ever want to see them like that, ever!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Newfie_dan wrote:projectzemx3 you are dead wrong the car can be fast the stock
Minivans nowadays can beat a stock Mx-3...that's not fast...

Newfie_dan wrote:not to many civics out there that can run 200 hp for n/a unless its a ka20a swapped civic.
B16 - 186hp
B18 - 197, 195, 197 and 190hp flavours
H22 - Found in countless varieties ranging from 185hp to 220hp

Also look up the "g22" hybrid motor
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Gee Mike you have my condolences. One of the problems with a ZE'd MX3 is torque steer (moooooo). Sorry. You need to know that you have to keep a tight grip on the steering wheel when you apply power or you'll end up in someones front yard. New vehicle have all but eliminated torque steer.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Daninski wrote:New vehicle have all but eliminated torque steer.
It's a charateristic of front wheel drive vehicles and just gets worse as more power is applied, same with understeer. The only way to move away from it is either fancy computer-control or all-wheel drive.

No worries about that Dan, we're doing pretty good now. We move on with her in our hearts and live everyday to the fullest, cause that's how she lived, and because life is too short to let waste away in sadness. Despite how she went, and I was convinced I would go first in a vehicle-related manner, it doesn't make me give up my passion about cars and what I do with them for 1)I'm not her 2)I am a better driver than her and equip my vehicles accordly (ie: winter tires) 3) it's part of who I am and to give that up would be to change who I am and what I'm good at for 4) she wouldn't want me to give it up. She shared my passion, and for her I will continue on to bigger and better (when life permits)
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

Newfie_dan wrote:bottom line dollar for dollar a mx3 is the better bet than any civic, dollar cost per hp is cheaper on the mx3. Dropping in the bigger engine which is a very easy swap nets you a lot more hp, projectzemx3 you are dead wrong the car can be fast the stock setup is not great I admit but they have great potential as a tuner car. My stocker is pretty snappy just took a few light mods. Keep in mind the car is almost the same weight as a civic and there are not to many civics out there that can run 200 hp for n/a unless its a ka20a swapped civic.

oh i know the potential of mx3's.... ;)
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

Minivans nowadays can beat a stock Mx-3...that's not fast...
yes that is true but they also have several thousand pounds to their credit, unlike an mx-3, the hp to weight ratio is where it counts. I am well aware of what the import motors have to offer but when it comes to cost you spend on average about $100 for every 1 to 2 hp true gain on a honda, whereas You spend only $800-$1000 on a 70 hp gain from a klze. Its a cheap hp car to start off with, no they are not going to be a 10 second car without major work and mods. I have worked on countless cars over the years from domestic v8s to the imports. My buddy in calgary has a rsx-s that is currently undergoing a engine upgrade from his supercharged k20a to the k20a head with a 2.4L block from the crv. Major dollars into the car and yes it will make some nice power but still major coinage being spent on it.
jessica516racing

Post by jessica516racing »

Wow thanks guys. :D serious i am happy to be feel wanted now haha. so this car is only 500$ and a junk motor but ur right i read thru and plan on probably putting in a KLZE motor in it and big turbo kit. I may rally the car in my yard till i blow up the stock engine haha :lol: i live on lots of land. its awesome. plus with this car i can also save up money for a ninja zx6. and for you guys to actually turn around and b nice i will say i will take my driving to a track rather than the streets. wish i culd find a track that has dragstrip and motocross track! dirtbiking during the day then dragracing in the evening. brapppppp! and no im not too girly to keep up with the guys. haha i like to get my hands dirty and grease all over. i can be girly too tho. im a perfect combination :)
2001 vw jetta turbo with green neons (see in daily drivers image forum)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”