mazda mx3 a good buy?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jessica516racing
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

mazda mx3 a good buy?

Post by jessica516racing »

I found a mazda mx3 v6 5 speed online and I am planning on going to look at it on friday but I was wondering if this car is really worth it? I am looking for a fast, street racing car that I would build into something very fast. I know stock it only has 130 HP and so I was wondering if this car can really be something like a honda civic vtec ever or if it just wont cut it. Also where do you buy performance parts for this car online?
2001 vw jetta turbo with green neons (see in daily drivers image forum)
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: mazda mx3 a good buy?

Post by umcamara »

Biting my tongue...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
jessica516racing

whats that supposed to mean? look I drove a friends before and all it really had was headers, short shifter, and an exhaust. It was pretty snappy and had a lot of go but I also read in a magazine someone who really bashed on mazda mx3's. Talking about how they seem fast but they really arent. I see all these posts about changing out engines to KLZE? is that what this thing needs just to make it fast is a whole different engine in it? I want a car that im going to be happy with and keep up with the STI's and Evo's on the streets.
i learned to drive a stick on a 1969 chevy c10 shortbox... 3 on the tree, manual steering, manual brakes haha.
i have msn xs3xych1ckx@hotmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :)
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

vtecs are gay... yes putting in a bigger motor will make car go faster. vinyl decals also bump 1/4 mile times by atleast .5 seconds. people think our cars are slow because as they age they start to run out of blinker fluid and it really affects the cars performance...

use the search. check youtube you if want to see mx3 ze's vs civic vtec and decide for yourself if you want to be just like every other lame civic owner or make something different
jessica516racing

okay just because im a girl doesnt mean im dumb. i know theres no blinker fluid in cars!! i came here expecting to get a good friendly answer and some tips and i got absolutely nothing but thought lowly of cus im a girl? I do more mechanic work than a lot of guys do!
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

jessica516racing wrote:whats that supposed to mean?... I want a car that im going to be happy with and keep up with the STI's and Evo's on the streets...
Street racing is lame, take it to a track. People who drive like fools on the streets don't necessarily have the largest penises/biggest chests...

And it has nothing to do with your gender. It has everything to do with your level of maturity. :wink:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
jessica516racing

the track is for my old school chev. im not looking for a guy dumb s---. I have a boyfriend. I dont drive badly at all dude. Why rnt you people nice? just cus i asked a question makes u guys want to jump on me and talk s---? i havent ever had a mazda that is y im asking and i am really interested in this car and have been dreaming about what i wanna make it into all day.
jessica516racing

:cry: for a "supporting member" ur really not very supporting at all.
This car is a 92. guy says it runs off of 5 of the 6 cylinders right now and i know i can fix it but then it wuld just b a stocker. is it worth my time and money to put into this car is what i am wanting to know. thats it. all i needed was an answer to that not a whole thing on *ima b a hater and b---- you out cus i have nothing better to do and so ima make myself feel better by degrading someone else*
I have seen the pics of peoples motors on here and their cars and yes they look bitchin' but i want to know and make sure its not just all show that it can burn rubber and get with it when you want it to.
Now im looking for general help and opinions on the car, not the type of racing!
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

people dont want to come on here and do your work for you. there is more then enough information on this site that you can find on your own and make your own opinion. it has nothing to do with your gender. if you look threw the forum youll find many many similar threads from new people and they all get the same treatment.

fixing a dead cylinder is almost pointless on the k8 engine, a klde from a mx6/probe gt/626/millenia are direct swaps and can be found easily and inexpensive. all you need is the motor, ecu and vaf. if you are a mechanic and want something cheap then this isnt a problem and would be your best bet. or you can try and find a klze there from jdm mx6's and can be hard to find/more expensive. for them you will need to get your ecu chipped by probinator, or you can run a mx6 ecu/vaf.

like i said before check out drag races of kl-de/ze mx3's vs civics. vtecs have no torque and get spanked every time.

anyone can tell you anything you want to hear but it doesnt make it true. goto a civic forum and they will say there cars are way better then ours, while we say the opposite. its up to you to find the information and make the decision for yourself.

the worklog section has alot of info on peoples builds i suggest you check there, the v6 section and the drag racing section.
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

jessica516racing wrote:okay just because im a girl doesnt mean im dumb.
Of course not. We have many girls in this forum, and they are valued and respected here.

But being a street racer does mean you're dumb, irresponsible, self centered, and, above all, not worthy of having a driver's license.
Racing is done in tracks for a reason: because there's NO PEDESTRIANS in them. No kids. No dogs. NOBODY YOU CAN HURT.
Now, you can keep up with your unconsidered cr@p all you want. Street racing is frowned upon here, and, like it or not, you will be getting the same response you've got so far.

But, to answer your question: No. MX-3s are not good cars for street racing. They're cars for responsible drivers/racers, not for idiot wannabe criminals.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:Of course not. We have many girls in this forum, and they are valued and respected here.

But being a street racer does mean you're dumb, irresponsible, self centered, and, above all, not worthy of having a driver's license.
Racing is done in tracks for a reason: because there's NO PEDESTRIANS in them. No kids. No dogs. NOBODY YOU CAN HURT.
Now, you can keep up with your unconsidered cr@p all you want. Street racing is frowned upon here, and, like it or not, you will be getting the same response you've got so far.

But, to answer your question: No. MX-3s are not good cars for street racing. They're cars for responsible drivers/racers, not for idiot wannabe criminals.

Couldn't of put it better myself. I think you've watched way too many fast and furious movies...

You want to keep up with STI & EVO's, a BPT or a turbo KL will be the only way to do it...

If the car had a blown motor, but the body is mint, than it's the perfect candidate for a KL engine swap, the little 1.8 has pretty much no worthy potential.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

2 Fast 2 Furious
yeah i know for a fact every guy here loves girls working on cars
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

mx3s are slow, there is nothing you can do to make them fast. cold air intake, maybe a muffler. thats about it.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
jessica516racing

:shrug: you guys r a waste of time. honestly you dont just bash on someone cus they have different views than u or different interests. i came here hoping for help but really ended up getting nowhere. real mechanics r helpful to others. you dont have to act all tough and smug about urself. the ego level needs to go down a bit. I havent ever hit any1 or hit anything for that matter. i dont do street racing to the point of putting others in danger. the legal drag strip near where i live got shut down along with its motocross track so where i live every1 meets up and we make r own dragstrip not anywhere near where other people r driving. i dont want to put others in danger. and if ur views on that r totally against it, good for you. i dont care if u view differently than i do i just dont think you guys should jump all over people on something like that. I race motocross and many people think thats stupid and that im going to get myself hurt or hurt someone else. okay well yeah its a tough sport and you can get hurt but i love it so u talking s--- to me about it isnt going to do anything on my thoughts. if you love it, do it. if you dont, then do what makes you happy. got to be open minded not so closed minded.
well it is what it is. bye :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”