Wtb: roof w/ sunroof

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
tommygunzit

Wtb: roof w/ sunroof

Post by tommygunzit »

My hood flew up on me after getting damaged and f'd up my roof. It's pretty much caved right in. I was wondering if it makes sense to purchase a new roof w/ sunroof. I have not had a sunroof before. Does anyone have a roof to spare, if so how much shipped to victoria, bc. thanks
Drive it like it's stolen, cuz it's so funny watching the cops creep up on ya real slow if ya stop, lol.
tommygunzit

Re: Wtb: roof w/ sunroof

Post by tommygunzit »

oh yeah, sunroof or moonroof, or even a sliding rag top. thanks
Drive it like it's stolen, cuz it's so funny watching the cops creep up on ya real slow if ya stop, lol.
Taras

Post by Taras »

I think that if you are going to cutoff the roof and weld a new one in place, you are going to weaken the structural integrity of the car's body. I would just fix it. Probably cheaper too.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
tommygunzit

Post by tommygunzit »

if it's a roof from a stock mx3 w/ sunroof though, wouldn't it generally be beefed up more and actually improve things?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if you can find a good boyshop in your area that can replace the roof then I'd suggest you have them remove the old roof and reinstall it on your car. I've seen the roof of cars replaced before and if done correctly you lose no structural integrity. However, if any mistakes are made then your car loses all strength
Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

Originally posted by tommygunzit:
My hood flew up on me after getting damaged and f'd up my roof. It's pretty much caved right in. I was wondering if it makes sense to purchase a new roof w/ sunroof. I have not had a sunroof before. Does anyone have a roof to spare, if so how much shipped to victoria, bc. thanks
i have a stock motorized sunroof unit for sale, been in my basement for over a year now. took it out of a '94 GS. the unit comes with everything, except for the toggle switch (i'm sure u can find one at junkyard or online junkyard) all u really need is to get a body shop to cut u a hole and the sunroof unit should bolt right into the uni-body chasis. all mx-3s have mounting plates build into the inner side of the roof, if u pull off the grey headliner.

here's what u get if u buy from me:

stock sunroof unit
drainage tubes
mounting hardware/brakets
grey headliner w/hole and gasket (which replaces yours)

we can talk details via email.

PostmanProductions@excite.com
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”