[GI] Powdercoated Suspension, Mounts & Misc

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
onlytrueromeo

[GI] Powdercoated Suspension, Mounts & Misc

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I'm possibly pulling my MX3 off the road, stripping it and selling the parts to pay for my project buildup. I don't want to do this though if there is not a market for the parts to go - I.E. people need to buy my stuff lol.

Over the winter I will be spending a significant amount of time powdercoating. I would like to powdercoat everything humanly possible so I can get better at it, and sell the items at an increased price.

Anyone here interested in buying powdercoated car parts? I could possibly strip and part the K8 engine as well, but I was thinking of holding onto it as a spare.

NOTE: I am not offering powdercoating services for OTHERS parts at this time. I will need to talk to Jeff about this first and make sure I will be able to have time. This will not be until at least February.
Last edited by onlytrueromeo on September 12th, 2010, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: [GII] Powdercoated Suspension, Mounts & Misc

Post by mitmaks »

I was just wondering what kind of bake oven are you using?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

could you do a subframe and trans cradle??? If so, I may be interested as I can make a trip. :shrug:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

onlytrueromeo wrote: NOTE: I am not offering powdercoating services for OTHERS parts at this time. I will need to talk to Jeff about this first and make sure I will be able to have time. This will not be until at least February.
awww :(
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

mitmaks wrote:I was just wondering what kind of bake oven are you using?

Easy Bake of course!

J/K... It's a custom built oven built by a shop owner that I bought it from. He sandwiched 2 soda machine style fridge together, welded them and added 4 coils and insulation. I added a butterfly hinge so I had a better door than the 3 hinged thing that was on there.

Here's a pic I took after I first bought it. It's pretty large, I could almost fit an mx3 door in there. Plenty of room to powdercoat everything except my shell.

onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

AaronTietje wrote:could you do a subframe and trans cradle??? If so, I may be interested as I can make a trip. :shrug:
Trans cradle? I could do a whole subframe for sure, that's what I was planning on doing. I would be prepping the pieces for new bushings since I don't think the rubber will like the oven temps.

Again, this is a GI only, car is still on the road and it would take me awhile to disassemble it/ blast and powder it. Just testing the waters to make sure there IS interest.

And John, I know people have already asked me to do some custom Powdercoating for them. I want to hone my skills first and make sure I have the time before I try to commit to anything.
Ryan

Re: [GI] Powdercoated Suspension, Mounts & Misc

Post by Ryan »

I would take lateral links/spindles/A arms/crossmembers.... pretty much all suspension components that don't have rubber/internal valving. Shipping is killer though, it might have to be a trip :P

Worst case scenario I'd take VC's at least.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

ok cool if ever you start doing it om me cause i wanna get lots of parts powdercoated this winter... headers, intake, piping, rad support, fuel rails... ect, so practice urself and ill send you parts if you have time!!!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

You can't powdercoat headers, it'll just melt off
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

mitmaks wrote:You can't powdercoat headers, it'll just melt off
Yeah, ceramic coating only. High heat powders do exist but they're more for brakes. The oven should get to a high enough temp for ceramics, but then theres lots of polishing to do to make it look good.
AaronTietje

Post by AaronTietje »

Well, keep me in your "book of interest" for a subframe.

I presume that when you do a part like that you would want a replacement as that is a "hard" part to get.
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Nope, wouldn't need a replacement I don't think as I have 2 complete mx3's, the 1 of which I would be parting out in it's entirety. (Well, some parts from that, and the 94+ dash pieces from the other, etc).
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

If I could tent in your front/back yard I'd consider bringing my MX down, dismantling it on your driveway, getting it done, and then coming home all pretty. I'd call it my summer vacation.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Are you only selling things after you powdercoat them? Or will you be able to sell un-PC'd items too? Just curious.

Also, how much for a blaze red(or equivalent) VC?
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I would only like to sell things after I powdercoat them since I can get more $$ from them, and that will be my funding for my project build!

I will only have 2 VC's available (from a K8) and they will probably be $100-$150? + shipping for the 2. No core needed so you can sell your stock ones after.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”