KL-ZE Swap in Auto, is it Worth it?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
A.S.

KL-ZE Swap in Auto, is it Worth it?

Post by A.S. »

You think its worth doing the KL-ZE swap in an auto GS. Will it improve the performance THAT MUCH? and is it easier than doing the manual swap?
hi
Sonicxtacy02

Re: KL-ZE Swap in Auto, is it Worth it?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

it'll make just as much dif in an auto as a manual as teh power loss would still be the same. Now bear in mind that your tranny will have to be able to hold that much more hp without failure. The swap is def. easier than the manual swap though.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Q187

Post by Q187 »

I hope to do both swaps this summer, if I can save up enough money. I've had so much trouble with my Auto Tranny as it is, with 200hp behind it that thing will never hold up.
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

To this date I don't think anyone has ever attempted an Auto-KLZE.<P>I would recommend against trying it because all the extra power from the KLZE will most likely kill your auto tranny sooner than normal no matter what pre-cautions you take.
A.S.

Post by A.S. »

No, there are a coupe of guys who post in the V6 section who have done the auto swap, They say they use the MX-6 tranny and the swap is much easier than the manual. I cant remember who they were though.
hi
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

there is one guy thats on the message group that has it done and has the mx-3 tranny still installed. To this date he is the only one to have it done. I dont know of anyone else who has the mx-6 tranny in they're 3 besides me and my auto still has the 1.8, my stick has the ZE<P>If there is someone out there with the 6 tranny please let me know. I'd like to hear some stories on it.<p>[ March 12, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”