[FS] 92 GS

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

[FS] 92 GS

Post by EggyRollz »

I'm sick of trying to fix the rough idle..I hate this f'ing car now -_-

92 , sunroof , spoiler , 5 speed manual , good tires @ rims , no back seats , hatch cover included , Tsudo exhaust , new o2 sensors , new plug wires & plugs , new thermostat , tape & cd player combo original, new fuel pump & strainer , rattle canned black. I've put other things into it but I just can't think of them right now.

Ok guys it runs but poorly. Compression is right where it should be , it's getting proper fuel pressure , and enough air to run but for some reason it is idling very rough and has a general lack of power. I've tried a lot of different things to try and fix this problem but no luck. I've double & triple checked the vacuums , the wiring , air leaks and I just don't know.

Has no problem doing freeway speeds or around town driving but takes sometime to build up to it.

Have a lot of extra parts to go with it. MX-6 manual transmission with 91,xxx miles. Shifter boots , mud flaps , sensors , switches , lights , wires , some intake stuff , knobs , interior pieces.

$400.00
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
MX-3zoom

Re: [FS] 92 GS

Post by MX-3zoom »

figures your not around the Neb area....I would like a third mx3....GL W/ SELL
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

It's only like a 10 hour drive =D
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

ouch.....just seems all the good cheap prices are to far here they want 1500-2100 for something thats clean but dont run. I'll think about it thou, thats super cheap....
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

I'd even be willing to do 300. I just want it gone lol.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

soo it drives correct?? like high way roll if need be? whats your location. and last couple pics of it(real recent).
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

MX-3zoom wrote:soo it drives correct?? like high way roll if need be? whats your location. and last couple pics of it(real recent).

Yeah it's driveable but it's weak. I had it up to 60 mph when I went to the car wash the other day to spray all the red dirt off it from Vernal, UT. Also i've had some mechanics check it out and i've gotten 4 different opinions..lol.

#1 - Wrong Cat/ Bad catalytic converter. I can tell it's not the original because it has an adapter tube. And it's got a big a$$ dent in it.

#2 - The timing belt jumped teeth. This is highly unlikely considering it rev's fine and all that jazz it's just weak under load.

#3 - The timing for the disty is off. - This is quite possible but I don't have timing tools to correct it and also the bottom adjuster bolt is missing so it may be jerking itself out of time constantly.

#4 - My ECU/PCM?ECm ( whatever you want to call it ) could be shot. - Again , this is quite possible. The car is 18 years old and i have no idea if it's original or not. Plus I live in a very hot state so theres nothing to say a capacitor or something couldn't have popped.

Other than that yeah it runs. Power steering works , Fans work , Stereo works , Clutch is nice and tight , Sunroof works but is a little on the struggling/weak side to close. Doesn't over heat , doesn't leak other than power steering from the bottom of the res. but not enough to worry about while driving. If you let it sit for weeks and weeks you'll have some spots on the ground but it works for driving.

Like I said i'm just tired of dealing with it. I love the Mx-3 and have my eyes on a RS with some work done to it but the kid just blew the engine so it makes a perfect BPT donar =) it's got GS rear lid , rear suspension and some other stuff.

I'm in salt lake city, utah. zip code would be 84094.

Pics i'll put up in a bit.

Pics are in this spot : http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/o ... Purple/FS/
mrwhite
antispam: No

Post by mrwhite »

What's goin on with that clutch pedal assembly I n tryning to purchase it from u
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

mrwhite wrote:What's goin on with that clutch pedal assembly I n tryning to purchase it from u
Dude I was waiting to hear back from you. XD but it's all gone now.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”