Members near Columbus, Ohio

Off-Topic Discussions
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Members near Columbus, Ohio

Post by umcamara »

Looking at a car from a dealer in Columbus, Ohio. It's a '98 BMW 328is. They're just too shady to buy the car from long distance.

If anyone was willing to check it out I'd pay them for their time/travel.

Curtis
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Members near Columbus, Ohio

Post by Maliceday »

I can check it out for ya, but they wont let me test drive it. (No L's)
I can bring a friend along with me though and have him take it for a spin.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

That would be excellent man. It's Prestige Euro Cars at 1055 W. 3rd Ave.
Let me know what you'd want for your troubles.
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

They never seemed to want to communicate by email. They'd always just call me or ask me to call them when I'd ask a question by email.

Me:
"Dear prestigeeuro1,
I guess you guys weren't interested in having anything in writing? Or you haven't gotten around to answering my email from early last week yet?
Curtis"

Them:
"Dear umcamara,
Curtis,
Not sure what exactly you were waiting on. I told Joe we needed a deposit and to agree on #'s. We have been going back and forth for over 2 weeks. I left you a message to call me. At this point we need to have a phone conversation to firm everything up. Email is great to a point. The car has been gone over 3 times by mechanics. If you want to have it done, no problem, but I need a deposit first. It is very time consuming to run it around if we have yet to agree on everything.
Thanks,
Josh"

Me:
"Here is the email I sent to you on the 12th of August at 2:57 PM Central Time.
"Hi Joe. I wonder if you could email me the info on this car, including its mechanical and cosmetic condition, the reason why the Carfax report seems to indicate that it was sold and then returned to the dealership, some pictures of the exterior of the car, as well as the make, model, mileage, and VIN of the car. As well as anything else you recall.

Regards,
Curtis"

Not sure what the confusion is...
Curtis"

Them:
"Curtis,
This is all info we had sent you? I'm kinda lost....we have spoke a few times regarding all of these questions including the carfax. What is the issue?
Josh
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry"

Me:
"It is info that we talked about over the phone. There should be no reason why it cannot be
sent via email. I was ready to purchase the car pending that email."

Them:
"You have me lost here Curtis. Give me a call. Joe is on vacation.
614-754-4888
Thanks

Me:
"Not sure what the confusion is. I'm asking you to email me the info on the car that we have spoken about on the phone.
Losing interest..."

Them:
"I have 2 others on this car and am flying solo here w/ joe on vacation Curtis. Please take a
moment to call me to chat if you haven't loss interest.
Thanks
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Am I losing my mind? Or is it clear what I'm asking for....
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

I have been looking for a hatch shade... Some HID 4300k projectors... Oh, and a Mazda Speed front bumper / kit.

Seriously though, it's not a problem. I'm not one to really 'charge' for a favour.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Yea, it's pretty clear that you just want the doc's stating everything in writting for legal purposes, but it doesn't seem like they are grasping that. lol You could take a screen shot of their page that shows the car since it has all the info on it. It wouldn't be per email, but when it comes down to it anything on a computer can be messed with so it should still hold the same grounds.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

I think they're grasping it, just avoiding it...

There are a few things that aren't mentioned in the advertisement, that I've come across through my research of the car's history. They have no problem giving me explanations on the phone as to why certain things seem fishy, but won't talk about anything by email...

Here's the ad if anybody's interested:
Click Here
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

If you're serious about doing this, let me know. I'll Paypal you a case of beer as well.

Curtis
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Nevermind then??
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Sorry, I had a baby so it's been a few days of hecktic. lol The due date was suppose to be Fri. the 20th and I was going to go down on Thursday, but the baby came on Monday and didn't get outta the hosp. till Wednesday so have been making sure everything is good there. I have Thursday - Saturdays off, and will def. be going down on Thursday unless I can make it down there before work one day. I'm going to try for tomorrow though as long as the wife is feeling okay and able to chase after the household. (2 dogs & 3 kids)

Downfall is, the one that would be able to take it for a test drive works M - F untill 7pm and I come in at 1:30pm, so what I figure I will do is take the camera with me, and although I wont be able to test drive, I can still get all the pics and a recording of the engine as it runs and reves for you.
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Thanks man. I think I may have found one more local. The whole Columbus deal was sketchy from the beginning anyways, so this may work out better.

Appreciate the offer very much though, and if my local-er deals fall through, I'll be sure to let you know.

Curtis
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Okay, not a problem. And yea, it did sound a bit off as well as it's not the best area in town and most car dealerships in those areas are usually pretty untrusting.

Return to “Off-Topic”