TrevorTheGallant's MX-3 Worklog

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Evo_Spec

Re: TrevorTheGallant's MX-3 Worklog

Post by Evo_Spec »

it's FOR SURE not stock, we can all confirm on that
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

well i dont know if thats right i have seen two other mx-3 one a 94 the other a 96 and they both have the leather seats weather they are heated or not i dont know the one a girl owns that i knpw and it is 100% stock bought from a dealer and it has the same interior, :shrug:
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It's theoretically possible that a non-SE could have been ordered with leather but I am extremely dubious. And the seats in this guys car do not look at all like factory seats.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

well the ones i have seen are stock they say mazda along the back about were your sholdr4s are.
they look really nice the 94+ in leather ill see if i can get a pic
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
TrevorTheGallant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: TwasrevorTheGallant's MX-3 Worklog

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

I was talking to the guy I bought the car from and he said the anniversary mx3s all came with leather interior. I'm not calling you a liar or saying your wrong, im just saying thats what he said. were there any anniversary edition mx3s released? in the door it said 06/96 and I know that means if it was made in the 6th month its actually a 97. dunno if that has anything to do with it lol.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

1993 was the 25th anniversary of Mazda in Canada. Special Editions were only manufactured for the 93' model year. Special Editions were also released in the US that year however the badging did not indicate the anniversary aspect as they did in Canada. All 93's are not SE's but all SE's are 93's.

MX-3's were not imported to north America after the 96' model year so your car is a 96'. Regardless of that fact it is not a Special Edition and those seats are not stock Mazda leather seats from what I can tell from the pics you posted.

That's all I'm sayin'.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

stock or not stock .. it turns into an argument ... this board is gettin better by the minute
people that dont even have a Mazda engine in the car, start to argue with a guy that bought a used car with leather seats ... and thinks it is stock .. i mean .. give me a break ... :lol:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
TrevorTheGallant

Hey man just cause i thought it was stock doesn't mean i KNOW FOR A FACT that it IS stock, i just assumed. Just like I assume that half of you that post on here know more than I do about the originality of these cars. I'd go by your word over someone who just owned the car and told me it was stock. If your point sounds more educated at least haha. but that you for setting it straight, wytbishop.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I was never arguing. Just for the record.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
TrevorTheGallant

lol, and i meant to say thank you for setting it straight****
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

We know this is definately a Canada car since it has the non-airbag steering wheel and 94+ dash without an airbag. It was probably one of the last mx-3's available in North America since it was made so late in 96.

So after doing a bit of research I will say that the interior is NOT OEM mazda... the interior panels have been recovered as well as the leather seats. One of the key giveaways is the absence of the perforated leather middle sections. Another giveaway is the amount of panels there are on the middle sections.

It's not a big deal of the interior is truly not OEM, it looks pretty freakin' awesome regardless! :love: I can relate as my 2 front seats are not OEM SE seats as well as the top back portion of my rear seat (it is all leather instead of fabric + leather).

Here's an example of a true 94+ leather interior (Eunos Presso GT-X and Autozam AZ-3 GT-X):
TrevorTheGallant

thank you mooneggs for clearing that up once and for all haha. and also thank you for the compliment!
TrevorTheGallant

Re: TrevorTheGallant's MX-3 Worklog (Update July 25)

Its been a while since my last update...or first post on my worklog, but i do have some new stuff.

1. New deck installed. Alpine IVA-W505 Double Din. Bluetooth, iPod, Navigation.. the works.

2. Found this Hatch Shade on another mx3 while eating ice cream in town one day, asked her where she got it, then she told me she was selling the car. i asked her if i could get it off of her for $50. Done deal. just like that. went home happy that day...

3. Finally found a Front Bumper Lip. Little banged up but a little bit of TLC and a Can Do attitude can fix it up!

Thats it for now..
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

I have lip envy :( :D Nice find and I like the Alpine
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
TrevorTheGallant

thanks! actually...if you need a bumper lip i can get you one.... BUT it is a little bit warped...the whole bumper is sitting in the backseat of the MX3..

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”