Oh god. So Window switch questions now- ;_;

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DiaMagus
antispam: No

Oh god. So Window switch questions now- ;_;

Post by DiaMagus »

Ok. So I replaced the window switch because it was broken, also the passenger window actuator. Now then! I know that its a 95+ switch so I have to do the mod so the passenger can open the window... what my issue is at the moment. I can roll the driver side window up. However it will not roll down. I took the switch apart and it looks good. Does anyone have an experienced opinion of weather this is my switch. Or the actual actuator. I just replaced the passenger side- Like I say it rolls up but now down. Seems to me the switch may be finicky. Thanks guys I hope this was informative. I know about the mod to fix so passenger can open the window . Like I say my drivers side will roll up and not down. Thanks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Oh god. So Window switch questions now- ;_;

Post by Daninski »

Check to see if the down wire has continuity
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
DiaMagus
antispam: No

Post by DiaMagus »

Thanks bro~ It does- Voltage to one side with switch depressed for upward motion. Voltage to the opposite side (Of the plug that connects to actuator) when switch is depressed for downward motion. Looks like I'm dealing with a bad window motor. :)
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

take the circuit board out of the plastic casing and try to manually move the spring loaded switches manually with a small screw driver or something. often times the plastic switch is not traveling far enough to engage it. i would try that before ruling anything out

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”