95 mx-3 exhaust

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Rass
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

95 mx-3 exhaust

Post by Rass »

I was looking for a full exhaust for my 95 mx-3 1.6L B6 engine. the only thing I have found close for it is the 92-93 pacesetter exhaust. it looks like the mounts are in slighty differnet places and the bends for the exhaust are close to the same. I was wondering if I can add exhaust hangers and fit this to my car without any clearance problems or will the slight difference in bends get hit by suspension components when the rear end is compressed?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: 95 mx-3 exhaust

Post by umcamara »

Pretty sure the mounts are in the same locations. Differences are that it's 2.25" piping, which is too big for a stock 1.6L B6-DE (stock rs is 1-7/8" piping). Also, I believe the cat is further back on the V6.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

umcamara wrote:Pretty sure the mounts are in the same locations. Differences are that it's 2.25" piping, which is too big for a stock 1.6L B6-DE (stock rs is 1-7/8" piping). Also, I believe the cat is further back on the V6.
well, since he's got a 1.6 it shouldn't matter that it's different for a V6 :mrgreen:
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
Rass
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Rass »

I should mention that I am planning on doing a BP swap on it eventually (normally aspirated)
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

MapaX5 wrote:
umcamara wrote:Pretty sure the mounts are in the same locations. Differences are that it's 2.25" piping, which is too big for a stock 1.6L B6-DE (stock rs is 1-7/8" piping). Also, I believe the cat is further back on the V6.
well, since he's got a 1.6 it shouldn't matter that it's different for a V6 :mrgreen:
The Pacesetter system is made for the V6... so... yeah... it does matter..
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
kakarot135

Post by kakarot135 »

I have had the pacesetter monza big bore on my 93 sohc for about 5 years now. when I got mine there were two diferent versions. mine is the 2.25" and I haven't hd issues with it. it may be overkill but I was planning a BP swap. now I am thinking of a turbo for the sohc. s long s the mounts re right I say go for it.
Kakarot 135
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

they sell the same one for both cars. It will work just fine. Great kit for the price. BTW the stock header will provide all the back pressure needed, so really doesent matter that much on the exhaust size. 2 1/4 not that bad. you might even gain some milege on the freeway. its alittle big for a stock N/A b6 but it would be fine especially if you retain the cat.
princecarspian

Post by princecarspian »

Have been the leader Monza caliber on my SOHC 93 for about 5 years now. when I am me, there were two different versions. mine is questions 2.25 "and I have not hd with him. it may be exaggerated, but I was planning a BP swap. now I think a turbo for the SOHC. SS Long Mountains right again I say go for it.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

Wow...someone had good results with "pacesetter" products?!
No offense, but having ordered a set of headers for my first mx-6 and then not fitting, I reluctantly got an exhaust
For my miata...horrible sound, raspy 'hon-duh'-like up top...not amazed.
I am currently on the talks with the folks at Corksport.com and they're designing an exhaust for our cars.
Contact them and ask for Derek and see where they are. I have their "drift" exhaust on the miata and couldn't be happier.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”