[WTB] High flow injectors

Looking for an Item you'd like to buy? Post here.
This section is NOT for selling.
DiaMagus
antispam: No

[WTB] High flow injectors

Post by DiaMagus »

For my turbo project. I have redtops... Not enough flow
Mi|<E

Re: [WTB] High flow injectors

Post by Mi|<E »

rx-7 460cc redtops will put out enough flow to be in the danger zone
of destroying G series trannies. What kinda crazy power are you wanting
to make?
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

How do you know theres not enough flow? Do you have a wideband- and if so, what is it reading? How many psi are you planning on running? IIRC, you're boosting a ZE right?

Most people I know that are running a turbo setup on a DE or ZE have run Nissan injectors in modded rails and have plenty of flow (some run a little rich even).

Are you running any type of engine management (i.e. megasquirt) or do you simply have the stock KL31 or KL36 ecu?

If you're planning on boosting higher than 5-7psi on a ZE, you should have a stand-alone unit as well as knowledge of how to tune the engine precisely. Because of the compression of the ZE, an insufficient tune will cause the engine to go *boom* after a while.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

Yes, The high compression definatly would make it go.... "Boom" :P I dont even have the turbo in the car yet. I have millenia redtops i'm going to run I wasn't going to run more than five lbs from the get go. I hear thats all the red tops can flow. Yes its a ze.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

i was running 7 psi's on a ze and milli s injectors were perfect!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

mazdags94 wrote:How do you know theres not enough flow? Do you have a wideband- and if so, what is it reading? How many psi are you planning on running? IIRC, you're boosting a ZE right?

Most people I know that are running a turbo setup on a DE or ZE have run Nissan injectors in modded rails and have plenty of flow (some run a little rich even).

Are you running any type of engine management (i.e. megasquirt) or do you simply have the stock KL31 or KL36 ecu?

If you're planning on boosting higher than 5-7psi on a ZE, you should have a stand-alone unit as well as knowledge of how to tune the engine precisely. Because of the compression of the ZE, an insufficient tune will cause the engine to go *boom* after a while.
The stuff isn't installed yet. yes I have a wideband. Its not hooked up. Im planning on running 5psi. Yes its a rebuilt ze. I have a KL36 pcm
What modifications are required are they skyline injectors?
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

Mi|<E wrote:rx-7 460cc redtops will put out enough flow to be in the danger zone
of destroying G series trannies. What kinda crazy power are you wanting
to make?

I dont know prolly not over 10lbs on stock interns. I'd rather run rich lol thats all
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I would stick with Milli's (millennia S) as john said. Many people use this setup with their turbo. Just make sure you have a proper regulator (afpr or the like).
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

I plan on getting it tuned at DBperformance with mega, I am waiting for my cosmos racing Adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I dont know much about this stuff yet so I appreciate the help
Cheers

Return to “MX-3 Related Want to Buy Forum”