Junkyard engine(s)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Junkyard engine(s)

Post by Maliceday »

So, went to the 'local' Pick-n-Pull and was looking around to help a friend get a few parts for his Honda he just picked up, when I saw an MX-3 they still had. I found 3 total, two with engines and some other spare parts. The engines I wasn't sure about though. All 3 were 4 cyl, but had the 'Injection' intake manifolds and the plugs were more in the front of the block compaired to the top. I've looked online at a bunch of different sites and searches, but havn't been able to find a pic that resembles them. Are these just the SOHC 1.6L?
(I hate asking questions like this... Makes me sound incompetent. :? But hey, everyone has to start somewhere...)

Also, the yard is about an hour away and a dollar entry, but I would be willing to go yank a part off if needed for someone.
The years were a '92 and then two '93.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Savin

Re: Junkyard engine(s)

Post by Savin »

Yeah, those would be the SOHC.
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

this is a SOHC
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

Yup. That would be the one. All 3 were like that. I do plan on going back in and yanking some stuff off of them though just for an idea of things. Mainly the ignition switch wireing. I know the diagrams are on here and I've gone through the entire book looking, and have found all wires that lead into and out of OTHER THAN the two black wires from the x-03 plug. I have an idea where they go though, just want to be sure and taking the part from those cars will save me the 160 for a new switch if I mess mine up looking.
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

man, I'd hate to recommend tearing off stuff and swapping it over... all the wiring is different even the ignition switch is...
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Maliceday

Post by Maliceday »

It's not really to put into my car, more just to see the actual wireing and so forth. Even though they will be different I will still have an idea of what's going where. I have a thread in the electric and lighting part also to try and find out the wiring.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=74676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only real think I would think about swapping over from the other cars would be doors if they would fit and are pwr window instead of doing the full conversion on mine.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”