how much are you guys paying for turbos?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mrwhite
antispam: No

how much are you guys paying for turbos?

Post by mrwhite »

Just wanted to kno what turbo you guys are running and how much should I be looking to pay?

Also what turbo manifold.
solo_ryder

Re: how much are you guys paying for turbos?

Post by solo_ryder »

Why dont you give some more details like what motor you are using, what kinda turbo you want to buy etc. They all vary in price.. just give more details
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

ya, +1 for more info.

Page 1 of my log has many/ not all prices. Stock b6 dohc + turbo
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

Actually your right.

I wouldn't mind prices for both engines.

I'm almost done school and will have a lot of spare money once done.

I either wanna bp swap or stick with my b6. Either or they will be torn down and rebuilt. I'm looking for about 150 hp I feel that's fine for my car.

I see a lot on the site about garrets and t3 t4 so I guess I wud go in that are of a route.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

im running a t3/t4 250$ on a kl
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

Ok now I guess the next question is where are you guys buying your turbos bc the site sim looking at pricing on like andysautosport.com and they are pricing. 2550 for garrets and t3's
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

150hp is low. t3/t4 would be low psi and have waaay to much lag. Useless POS for a smaller engine. The stock engine can do better than 150hp too. Expect a new clutch, as the stock is crap for any extra tq.

WHAT ENGINE DO YOU HAVE?!?!?!?
SOHC, DOHC?

If you have not read, John is using a t3/t4 on a 2.5L engine. A GT25/28 is more than enough. Or just the stock 323 setup for the b6t. Bolt on and in your power range. Also cheap as hell.
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

I have a 94 1.6 dohc. Ok koo man I really appreciate your input
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Sounds like.... Your not ready for boost. Save your money for something else bro
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I think what solo was trying to say is...

Try a few simpler mods first, simple bolt-ons for example.

While you are tinkering and figuring stuff out, research turbochargers. You will likely need to replace internal components of your engine. Look this up THOROUGHLY.

"Saving money" in the short term on turbos, generally ends up costing a great deal more later on.

Do it once, do it right!

Good luck my friend.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

Ok thanks.

I don't see how I'm not ready. I'm mean it won't happen tomorrow and I am deff planning on rebuilding which ever engine I decide to go with.

I'm leaning for towards the bp engine. Tear it down new internals . I have connections with instructors to get everything machined. I'm an automotive student and when I mean I know about doing it right the first time and what shortcuts not to take I mean it.

I didn't come on here saying oh I want to make. Pwr right now cheap. I just asked prices bc I know this car to even get it turboed will cost more than most cars. There's cars with kits made for less than what I'm seeing a universal turbo is going for. Like I said I am in no way looking for a cheap way to do it and never came off as looking for a slap me together.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

mrwhite wrote:Ok thanks.

I don't see how I'm not ready. I'm mean it won't happen tomorrow and I am deff planning on rebuilding which ever engine I decide to go with.

I'm leaning for towards the bp engine. Tear it down new internals . I have connections with instructors to get everything machined. I'm an automotive student and when I mean I know about doing it right the first time and what shortcuts not to take I mean it.

I didn't come on here saying oh I want to make. Pwr right now cheap. I just asked prices bc I know this car to even get it turboed will cost more than most cars. There's cars with kits made for less than what I'm seeing a universal turbo is going for. Like I said I am in no way looking for a cheap way to do it and never came off as looking for a slap me together.

I am in a similar situation myself, as far as wanting to wait for bigger things.

I've got the K8, but I am trying to get my hands on a KL-DE pretty soon, so I can rebuild/upgrade internals and basically prep it for a turbo. I plan to add one a ways down the road, for now I'm just going to stick with a cold air intake. Money halted my project a bit, but once I get ahold of a good DE I should be able to get everything done pretty quickly.

It's good to know you will do it properly, that will save you a TON of frustration down the road.

I'll be honest, your best bet for saving money is to wait until a fellow MX-3.com member has their car/setup for sale. You might pick it up for a steep discount off brand new prices.

There is no plug and play, as you already noticed. Used will be by far the cheapest way to go. Hell, you might end up BETTER off!

Good luck,
~MM92
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

if you are looking for 150hp, there might be some setups in the FS section and will do what you are looking for.

here is one for mx3extreme.. sold a little while ago, but bolt on and the trubo made for the b6.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=66028" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mrwhite

Post by mrwhite »

Ok thanks I will take a look.

Return to “Forced Induction”