My 1.6 16v

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Re: My 1.6 16v

Post by SteeleMX3 »

nightstalker wrote:
SteeleMX3 wrote:whore more! I like where this log is going :)
Lol, ran out of money for the month now. Future plans are to make a Cold Air Intake using custom silicone hoses and a cone filter, find some lowering springs (or coilovers), sort the front end out (new bumper and wing are needed!) and then source a turbo or even supercharger (I've heard an MX5 supercharger will go with a bit of tweaking).

I've just ordered a sexy new gear shifter gairtor you will be jealous of Sleele, carbon effect with blue stitching :wink:
Looking forward to seeing that gaitor, just keep old Steele in mind when you decide it's not for you :wink:
Just to add, I made my own CAI as well, not a hard job whatsoever, just some pipe, silicone connectors, and a cone flter should see you. Well, I suppse I should say I watched rece from this forum make it, but it didn't look hard! :D
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Sleeper6 wrote:I just cant get over the fact its rhd... if I ever hit it big Ild have to import one, who cares how many times you get passed if you can get out on the side walk :mrgreen:

I like that kind of thinking (although, you could just park on the other side of the street to solve that problem lol). You guys and your wrong side of the road driving :lol:
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

SteeleMX3 wrote:
nightstalker wrote:
SteeleMX3 wrote:whore more! I like where this log is going :)
Lol, ran out of money for the month now. Future plans are to make a Cold Air Intake using custom silicone hoses and a cone filter, find some lowering springs (or coilovers), sort the front end out (new bumper and wing are needed!) and then source a turbo or even supercharger (I've heard an MX5 supercharger will go with a bit of tweaking).

I've just ordered a sexy new gear shifter gairtor you will be jealous of Sleele, carbon effect with blue stitching :wink:
Looking forward to seeing that gaitor, just keep old Steele in mind when you decide it's not for you :wink:
Just to add, I made my own CAI as well, not a hard job whatsoever, just some pipe, silicone connectors, and a cone flter should see you. Well, I suppse I should say I watched rece from this forum make it, but it didn't look hard! :D

Already got the plans and dimensions :wink: and I won't be losing the gaiter Mr. Steele :P
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Little boring bits and bobs:

New gear gaiter (test fitting!)

Old hand brake from my old Civic (had this sitting around for 6 years after it did not fit/work on the civic and cost me 50gbp! and it fits the 3 perfectly!?) This is also a test fitting for the redundant gear gaiter which has now become a hand brake gaiter (well will do with a bit of tweaking).
BlazeSquall
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by BlazeSquall »

Man that Shift knob, boot, and hand brake are awesome. Went and looked at prices.. pricey, but awesome.
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

BlazeSquall wrote:Man that Shift knob, boot, and hand brake are awesome. Went and looked at prices.. pricey, but awesome.

Thanks man :) Now I just need to get the rest of the interior looking as good with some nicer front seats, really want the full "rare" leather versions but I'm not pooping money yet :lol: so I'm gonna see about some racing recliners. Also could do with a nice looking carpet.....
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Well hello, I am unbelievably bored due to being off work after injuring my knee. So today I hobbled into the car and removed the dash bezel and shroud to give it a sprucing up after trying my hand at wrapping it with carbon and failing BIG TIME!

I've also started an LED conversion on the dials which will be finished next week (just waiting on some more bulbs :roll: )

So here it is so far

Oooh, and more ebay excitement, well, not really, just some essential stuff as the MOT is next week (wish Bert luck peeps!)

Just so they know what engine it is obviously, a much needed MOT item :lol:

Oooh, my exciting new brake discs (£17 a pop, can't complain).

Sooo, it was night time and time to look at the LED convo. I knew some of the bulbs weren't working (already emailed the guy about it) but the ones that are working, fekkin spot on!

Now just waiting on 4 more bulbs and 6! replacement bulbs and it should be done :D

I'm currently contemplating a supercharger conversion too but this is going to be a lot of work and effort and will mean taking the car off the road for a while (I need the car on a day-to-day basis so I can't really) but if I get my old job back then I can cycle to work and get to doing some serious thinking about the measly 1600 engine :twisted:
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

DO A WRITE-UP ON THE LED CONVERSION!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though.. I want one! The blue looks so damn good :D:D:D
Maliceday
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Maliceday »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:DO A WRITE-UP ON THE LED CONVERSION
I second this. I've been looking into several different options for changing the displays around and I'm loving how the blue looks.
Great work
Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD. You know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences...
Blackend

Post by Blackend »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:DO A WRITE-UP ON THE LED CONVERSION!!!!!!!!!!!

+1
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:DO A WRITE-UP ON THE LED CONVERSION!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though.. I want one! The blue looks so damn good :D:D:D
It's very simple really. It's just a case of taking the gauges out and swapping the bulbs for some LED's. Once it's finished properly I'll post it up and add a brief description of what to do and what you will need.
Blackend

Post by Blackend »

thanks stalker :D
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I actually heard from a friend there are LED's that can go in that spot.. just what you are saying.

I'm going to have to look into this more :D
nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Some people might think me a little odd in doing what I've just done.

I've replaced my half leather rear seats with some cloth ones thanks to Famine from the UK site. I'm not a fan of the half leather seats and they were looking a little tatty in my mind (they are up for sale if anyone is interested, PM me).

I also salvaged the number plate mount from Famine and half the front lip.

I've got my splitter primed and test fitted with the Leon splitter.

These are the two halves I got from Famine and Ryan (cheers guys, you're awesome)

Prepped, primed and fitted (using zip ties :lol:)
Just needs some slight adjustment on the Leon splitter and paint.

And here's my speedo so far, I need to adjust the positioning of some of the bulbs because there is a dull patch on the centre dials where the light isn't getting through.

nightstalker

Post by nightstalker »

Sprayed up the splitters yesterday afternoon

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”