13bt mx3 gs

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
bigdaddyj666
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

13bt mx3 gs

Post by bigdaddyj666 »

hey guys i want to put a 13bt rotary out of a rx7 turbo 2 in a 92 mx3 gs. do u guys think im crazy or do uthink it would be kinda cool. possibly even make it all wheel drive.
1992 gs klze primer. sold
1992 gs k8 teal. wrecked
1993 se k8 raseberry. currently building
Sleeper6

Re: 13bt mx3 gs

Post by Sleeper6 »

It has been done and quite poorly sadly. You can search for rotary mx3 and youll find ones been listed off and on on ebay. It was a crap job with little attention to detail, just keep in mind if you do it plan on keep ing it b/c youll never recoup the investment. However on a side note there is a nice worklog on here of a gentlemans awd turbo'ld mx3. Its a 4 banger but mind you hes done an excellent job at making a clean proper looking build definately check it out!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

bigdaddyj666 wrote:hey guys i want to put a 13bt rotary out of a rx7 turbo 2 in a 92 mx3 gs. do u guys think im crazy or do uthink it would be kinda cool. possibly even make it all wheel drive.
To do any of that it'll require

1) Alot of money for custom fabrication
2) For you to tear apart about 90% of your Mx-3...

Think for a moment....you want to put a drivetrain from a RWD car into a FWD....

Apparently there are kits to put in a FWD rotary into a 323, which should work in an Mx-3, but that's FWD only.

Rotaries never came in AWD. There was a rally AWD FC that exited, but was never a production model.

Your dreams are big, but however not unique, nor feasible. Do some research, you'll find it's a dead-end.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
you might want to check this out
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Oh my God!! This idea is genious, in all 9 years I've been here I've never heard anyone ever ask about this! :roll:

It won't happen, you're like every other person who ever came here asking about this. You didnt do any research, you have no fabrication skills, you're not filthy rich enough to pay someone to do it, etc, etc.

I'd love for you to prove me wrong though, It'd be great for someone to do it properly instead of all hacked up.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

I would rather do an LS2 powered MX-3 if I'm going to do all that work. More power and lighter at the end :D
bigdaddyj666

Post by bigdaddyj666 »

sorry i know i didnt do the research i just figured i ask here first ive got a lot of good info from you guys, and i figured you would have some insite. i did read and heard about the awd 323 setup in the mx. but my thought was to make a custom bell housing and mount the 13b like a front wheel drive. and i have the extra parts and resources to do it im just still desiding if i want to. im still working on my 500hp fc. if i dont do the awd i would just drop the entire 13bt setup in and yes i know its a lot of work but i would enjoy it..
1992 gs klze primer. sold
1992 gs k8 teal. wrecked
1993 se k8 raseberry. currently building
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

There are alot of posts about it here, about doing all drivetrain setups. It may take a little while, but it would be well worth a search. If you're going to do it, it would only make sense to go AWD, so you don't spend all of your take-off time frying the tires. Mine's not terribly powerful, and I accidentally spin them almost every day. I've been driving manuals for 25 years.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx-3_4evr

Post by mx-3_4evr »

^ what you need is an Mfactory LSD
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

:shock: :lol:
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

Bigdaddy: if you have the fabrication skills, the time, and, ultimately, the money, go for it!! Doesn't matter what we think: you're the one who has to live with it.
I said it in the past, several times: the biggest mistake Mazda made with the MX-3 was to make it FWD. And I'm willing to bet a RWD MX-3 would be as close as a perfect car as anybody can ask for.
Like Sleeper said, it's been done before, by a guy here in Miami, but the end result was pitiful. That guy really hacked the car to death.

I, on the other hand, have been planning my RWD, KL, MX-3 for a while now. Yes, it's difficult to do. No, you don't need to hack most of the car. And yes, it's quite feasible, if you know what you're doing.
Personally, I wouldn't use a rotary (little torque, too heavy) unless the 16X was finally available, but if that's what you want, do it. It CAN be done, and, as Sleeper said, it HAS been done already, both in RWD and AWD.
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”