Help! My wife's stick goes through the floor!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Mastiff

Help! My wife's stick goes through the floor!!!

Post by Mastiff »

Hi!<BR>In my wife's '93 MX-3 4 cyl. the plastic that keeps the shift stick on the correct side of the floor is worn, so the stick goes through the floor.<BR>I called Mazda here in Norway, and they can only sell me a complete unit, with stick and all the parts around it, for 350 dollars! Does anybody have a better idea?<BR>Hope somebody can help me here, it's like the car just discovered it's warranty has run out! :-(
Tor the Mazda Viking
Mastiff

Re: Help! My wife's stick goes through the floor!!!

Post by Mastiff »

Bump!<BR>Hasn't anybody had this problem before? Or maybe most of you guys have automatic?<p>[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Mastiff ]
Tor the Mazda Viking
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Search for cheap short shifter, that might give you some answers. Also you could take it to a machine shop and have them make a replacement part, but that's kind of expensive too.<P>HTH<BR>tk1138
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

i had the same problem, i just bolted that shat up to the floor of the car, seems to be working fine.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
Mastiff

Post by Mastiff »

Thank you very much, both of you. tk1138, I saw that thread, and a shorter shift would of course be nice...but I'm not sure my wife would appreciate it. I'll try to convince her.<BR>RayRay, I finally understood what you meant, and with a bolt and two rubber bushings everything is working perfectly!Again thanks!<p>[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Mastiff ]
Tor the Mazda Viking

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”