What is this??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Letters11
antispam: No

What is this??

Post by Letters11 »

I took my distributor cap and rotor off and found a crack in this so i was trying to replace it but i didnt know what it was called. All the auto parts stores have no idea what it is and told me that it was not included with the cap and rotor sale. I have a 4cyl 1.6. Looking at the car from the front of the hood, from right to left, there were the wires that went into the cap, then the rotor, then this black piece, and then a gasket. I need at least the gasket and this black piece. If anyone can tell me what this is called, i would appreciate it.

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af2 ... orpart.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Letters11
antispam: No

Re: What is this??

Post by Letters11 »

i found out that the cracked black piece is the cap adapter. does anyone know if the gasket comes with the cap. none of the auto parts stores know if it does.
wytbishop

Re: What is this??

Post by wytbishop »

I believe the cap will come with a gasket, but that part is part of the distributor. Meaning that you have to buy a new distributor to get a new one of those.

Go to a junk yard and nab one.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”