camber plates help

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MapaX5
antispam: No

camber plates help

Post by MapaX5 »

Hello kids.... I was wondering where I can find camber plates for my car?
I have been lookin for ways to adjust the camber on the car. I am running KYB shocks.
Last time I had my alignment checked I was running -5* camber.
The camber bolts only give 2* of adjustability, and I'm getting ready to put on some lowering springs, which
Would add another like -3* of camber.
I thought corksport sold them, but they have nothing.
I don't want coil-overs, this is not my trac car or anything, just wanna lower it a lil.
Ideas???
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: camber plates help

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

If you're running stock springs then your camber shouldn't be off :S
Maybe the strut mounts need to be rotated in which case your caster is probably off too?

And to answer your question: I don't think camber plates for the MX-3 are in production anymore (unless you get coilovers) in which case you'll have to get camber bolts, but they'll have more than enough adjustability to correct for lowering springs.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Well, if it wasn't cuz I actually made the guy re-do the alignment while I was looking, I wouldn't have believed him either. I took auto-mechanics in school, and we had 2 months of alignments, so I know he did the thing right. I just put on lowering springs today, and used the top-mount adjustment trick. I might have gotten 1* better, I think. So I should be right around -6* camber.
I'm going to order some camber bolts fri, hopefully I'll be able to stay at -1.5-2* range.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Cusco makes (or made) camber plates for us. Have a look around. You may find them. Also 323/Protege BG chassis ones would fit just fine.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

They Are the same ones as the BG chasis Wyt.
Call and ask CorkSport, I bet they can still get them, but they aren't cheap and do wear out kinda quickly.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”