Exhaust adapter for b6 to bp downpipe

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
zreon

Exhaust adapter for b6 to bp downpipe

Post by zreon »

Hey guys,

Finally got the BP running in my mx-3. Just a couple small problems to figure out then it will be road worthy again.

For one, I need to get rid of the "harley sound" and figure out how to connect my exhaust, haha. From what i could find, it sounds like I need the downpipe from the 93 protege to connect to my cat. Right now there is about a 3" gap in between the exhaust manifold and the downpipe. I am pretty strapped for cash right now, so i was just wondering if anyone had any temporary ideas to connect these until I can afford a new downpipe.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Exhaust adapter for b6 to bp downpipe

Post by Ryan »

when I did my BP swap, I used the BP manifold, and the MX flex pipe section, and it all bolted together, brainless.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
zreon

Post by zreon »

I'm guessing because I have a 95 DOHC mx-3 is the reason it won't line up. Of course none of the junkyards around here have the downpipe for the protege either. I'm going to try to weld something together later to see if I can make it work. I have a lot of extra exhaust piping around my work.
zreon

Post by zreon »

So after looking over my exhaust a bit, I have noticed that the BP exhaust manifold has a different flange then my mx-3 downpipe. Also, the manifold doesn't point straight down, the part closest to the engine is angled about 10degrees up. Would finding a downpipe from a 93 mx-3 fix this problem?

I dont have a donor car or any other mx-3 to look at so I'm not sure what to do here. It requires a little too much customization for me, and I don't have the cash to pay an exhaust shop to fab something up for me.

Anyone that has swapped a 93 protege BP into their 95 mx-3 have any insight on what they did?
zreon

Post by zreon »

No one has any info on this?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”