manual tranny additive?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
hpcbmw

manual tranny additive?

Post by hpcbmw »

I've got a 93 mx3 with 191k miles. It's starting to get a little notchy when shifting through the gears (manual 5 speed trans). I'm giving the car to my niece, in hopes she'll get a year or two out of the car. I'm about to change the manual trans fluid and put in some 80w, and have some molybdenum additive that i've used in other cars with decent results. Any reason not to use this with them mx3 tranny?
projectzemx3

Re: manual tranny additive?

Post by projectzemx3 »

syncromesh!!!! best stuff you can use. only needs 3 litres
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

75w90

redline or synchromesh

dont need additives when you use the best fluid
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
94drumx3

Post by 94drumx3 »

guys i used that purple royal, or royal purple, or purple people eater...i cant remember what its called.
is that anywhere near as good as redline or synchromesh?
Never be afraid to try...amateurs built the ark, professionals built the titanic.
nolig2278

Post by nolig2278 »

anything wrong with using mobil for 5 spd?
94 RS to BPT
2.5 FMIC
MicroSquirt
2.5 Exhaust
[url=https://gilon.levinsonltd.com/mx-3.html[/url]
MapaX5
antispam: No

Post by MapaX5 »

Redline is what we always recomend on the miata community, and we rev our engines past 7K RPMS and that's what i'm using on my viscous diff... so, i'm gonna stick with redline.
you can order it at the mazda dealers too! no shipping. 8)
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
g-mac

Post by g-mac »

When I got my mx-3 it had 180 km on it. The shifts into 2nd were not very smooth (maybe even notchy). I was a little concerned but otherwise it seemed to be fine. I used a product called auto-rx and quickly noticed a big improvement. I have no interest in the company. They recommend to drive 1000 km (IIRC) then drain and fill. I filled with Amsoil GL-4 and it was shifting like butter!
my feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=56291" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMeadows
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by TMeadows »

Me and my friend used to use Lucas Synthetic 80W90 in our trannys. We both both ran protege lx trannys on turbo cars. As hard as I ran my car (you wouldnt believe me if I told you how hard) I only had one trans problem the entire time I owned it. I had the car at a test and tune night on bald street tires (they sparked all the way down the track) and popped the diff gears coming off the line on my 11th pass. Keep in mind I was launching at 6k+ the entire night.

Anyhow, Lucas has always done right by me, and in my opinion has been the only thing holding either of our trannys together so long.
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by EggyRollz »

JWMX3 wrote:75w90

redline or synchromesh

dont need additives when you use the best fluid

+1
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832

Return to “Transmissions”