323 manual steering rack. Having trouble locating it.Anybody

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DiaMagus
antispam: No

323 manual steering rack. Having trouble locating it.Anybody

Post by DiaMagus »

I'd appreciate some input called all the part stores these things are rare or something, I just hate ebay is all and want to order it through carquest so I can get moog tie rod ends at same order z
davmac

Re: 323 manual steering rack. Having trouble locating it.Any

Post by davmac »

Manual rack for 90 - 94 323 any model should do.

I'm guessing you've seen the writeup: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=65960" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It does seem to be hard to find, but a few part numbers might help:
From OReilly: Cardone - Rack & Pinion Assembly Part Number: 24-2690
From Rock Auto: ACDELCO Part # 3612528

Both shops are preferable in general to ebay dealers, but in both cases it looks like it is a non stock item so you'll have to wait.

Might try a post to the suspension / brake section and hope a subject guru responds.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

call you local junk yard, it should only be around 75$ and when you get it if you can replace the seals and re grease it. but just check it first. if you can spin the actuall steering shaft from lock to lock no problem wit ah pair of visegrips or locking plyers your golden :P
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

Shanks, my fello tuner frex
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

I had to get the part through a salvage yard they claim protege and 323 91-95 are the same manual racks. so the 1991 rack I got hopefully works. Any input?
TMP39

Post by TMP39 »

you could always just call up a parts centre and ask for the part numbers, more than likely there either the same or the last couple numbers will be off by one or 2 digits. and for some strange reason it may have a diff price. its like a sunfir or cavalier with the 2.2 in them. same engine but for some stupid reason some parts have diff part numbers when there exactly the same. but either way good luck with the swap. im so glad i did it its amazing. and feels so much better than looped lines :P
DiaMagus

Post by DiaMagus »

I tore out all the power steering components so far and located a rack through a local salvage yard. Its being shipped from their warehouse... ENOUGH leaking already lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”