Instrument panel lights, only a few light

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
NateBaden
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Instrument panel lights, only a few light

Post by NateBaden »

I just took out my instrument panel to see if i could change the bulbs because i plan on changing the color
they worked perfectly before, and when i put it back in one seemed dim, so i took it all out again and now only 3 light up

tell me the straight up truth did i screw something up? cuz i may have accidently touched the circuit board, i just want to know if all i need is new bulbs or a new gauge cluster
checked all the fuses all are perfectly fine

i do a lot of night time driving so if you could help me out it would be greatly appreciated
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Instrument panel lights, only a few light

Post by fowljesse »

Did you turn the dimmer all the way up?
Whenever I do something electrical, I clean all the contact points, and the light bulb surfaces. I don't know if you could have shorted something. Did you disconnect the battery?
I always do that before doing anything. You never know when you could short something.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

being the "i wanna get this done" kinda guy i didnt disconnect the battery i wasn't thinking lol
but the bulbs burnt out, i moved the one around that did work and it worked in all the areas, so i just went out and bought new bulbs today and they are all working now
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congrats :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
NateBaden

Post by NateBaden »

thanks for the advice though :)
mor500589

Post by mor500589 »

1994 Mazda Mx-3 1.6 DOHC {cams, stage 2 LUK clutch, B&M Short throw shifter, headers back straight pipe, GOLF CART MIRROR, Duralast Gold Rotors and Pads, ALL metal Radiator, BOSCH 120 amp Alternator} more TBA ;)

ImageImageImage

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”