Speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Letters11
antispam: No

Speakers

Post by Letters11 »

Im looking to replace my speakers just because they are not functioning properly anymore. Im not looking to get ridiculous amounts of sound and all that stuff, just looking to replace the speakers with whatever does the job and doesnt sound worse than stock. I spoke to some people and they said definitly get speakers with the tweeters. The only decent 2 way speekers with the tweeters were alpines or infinity but they were a little bit more money. I found some 4 way speakers for pretty cheap and figured i would give them a shot. My question is, Once i cut the wires off the stock plug unit for the speakers and i connect them to the 2 new places on the new speakers, what do i do with the other 2 places where wires are supposed to go?? On 3 way speakers that ive dealt with, ive left the third prong alone and nothing happened, the speakers functioned like they were supposed to. I know they are there for a reason but If i leave these other 2 prongs alone, will these speakers work properly? Or should I spend the extra $80 for better brands? Thanks!!
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Speakers

Post by Ryan »

Wow.

Okay, buying speakers.

If you just want something better than stock, check out your local Kijiji. Usually a massive amount of cheap-o decent speakers on there.

Infinity, Alpine, Pioneer, Kicker, Kenwood...

NOT pyramid... among a few others.

You don't need what they call 'component' speakers, with a seperate tweeter. You should get some 2 or 3 way speakers though. I suggest only 2 way, as 3 way in a 6.5 round is stupid.

All of these should only have two terminals.

On the stock harness, you can decipher the wire colouring code using this chart: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... ode+stereo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Letters11

Post by Letters11 »

Ryan wrote:Wow.

Okay, buying speakers.

If you just want something better than stock, check out your local Kijiji. Usually a massive amount of cheap-o decent speakers on there.

Infinity, Alpine, Pioneer, Kicker, Kenwood...

NOT pyramid... among a few others.

You don't need what they call 'component' speakers, with a seperate tweeter. You should get some 2 or 3 way speakers though. I suggest only 2 way, as 3 way in a 6.5 round is stupid.

All of these should only have two terminals.

On the stock harness, you can decipher the wire colouring code using this chart: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... ode+stereo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ok great, thanks. I think the 4 way were PYLE or something like that, $35 for 4 speakers. Ill check some others out!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

yuck! yes, pyle speaks for themselves.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ryan wrote:Wow.
Finally, from all your jibberish you post something I can use. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

Or just buy my Xtant 12 and V-800 amp and forget about mid & high range =P
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
jackvinsly

Post by jackvinsly »

I just to buy Sony woofer for my car. This is a very nice company we all know about that. I like that sound equality. Its company gives specially to us very nice bass system on it. From this company system you can get inbuilt on it.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”