94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
ramsen25

Re: KLZE ECU

Post by ramsen25 »

is all good kinda funny tho, got it all sorted out tho
drejin

Post by drejin »

ok, somewhat based on the KLZE ECU, I am currently building my 92 mazda mx-3 KLZE with turbo, but I don't want to chip or mod the stock ECU and willing to spend some extra bucks on a megasquirt. My question is what model works best for the my mazda. Meaning the Megasquirt 3.0 is great to program for turbing it? Any suggestions on when I buy it such as including a harnest and such. I did find a person willing to program it for when my turbo set is in my engine bay for a couple hundred, just need to know what Megasquirt works for my mazda. Anyone?
zoom-zoom
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Actually this isn't ECU related. It doesn't matter what ECU is in the car, the Megasquirt takes care of everything and the ECU just takes care of the accessories (cruise, A/C, etc).

If you want Megasquirt, a MS1 PCB v3 is the most popular choice. Look on ProbeTalk, there's a guy on there with the name Shaodome, he builds and programs Megasquirts and definitely for the K-series V6. He arranges bulk buys every once in a while.

If you have any Megasquirt and other fuel-management related questions, post in this seciton here:
viewforum.php?f=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

well on the original question.
it doesnt really matter which ecu you use.
or if its obd1 or 2
im actually using the k8 ecu on my ze.
runs a little rich when shes cold.
but other than that shes a beast.
sure it would be better to get the ze ecu.
the fact is. you can straight up drop a ze into a mx3 without having to buy anything except for the motor itself.
(keyword in that HAVING)
but it is good to buy other parts.
and very funny guys.
got a pretty good laugh outa that.
haha any megasquirt is great.
its nice having a tuneable setup.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

NO, it doesn't matter if you don't care. A ZE will run with a K8 ECU, we all know that. However it doesn't run right. On mine, it wan pig rich that was worse than my truck is.

It's like driving down the street with 3 flat tires and a bare rim, the exhaust dragging on the ground, missing a door with no windshield and a hooker giving you a BJ....just cause you can't doesn't mean you should.

Running solely stock ECU and VAF should only be a temporary setup. You're wasting fuel, not getting all the available power and you'll burn out your cats. If you have emission tests in your area, you won't pass that either.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
drejin

Post by drejin »

Hmmm, I had my ZE for almost 3 years now using the stock K8 ECU and havent burned out my cat yet. But, i defiently have seen a horrible gas lose.
zoom-zoom
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha very true i do lose alot of gas but only when its cold. see im in a desert. so once my cars warm it uses that extra fuel when i punch it. i can almost burn the tires through 3rd.
so i like it.
still curious what it would run like with a kl ecu though
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

Almost the same happened to my car, I used the K8 IM and it ran rich. Then I swapped to the MS8 IM and it ran better and didn't run rich anymore but I’m still losing power and gas, I have a KL31 ECU on the way from a Quebec. I'm interested to see if my emission test will pass with the KL31.
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”