fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: fowljesse's GS/SE DE/ZE ;)

Post by fowljesse »

mx3autozam wrote:
fowljesse wrote:Haha, Dan. I'm done with BUbba. He will no longer be able to do studies there.
I wanted to also mention that since I blocked off the IAC, I also put metal tape over the openings in the TB bore, for smoother airflow. It may seem silly, but all these little things add up.

You are so horney for every horsepower you can squeze out of that motor.

Yes I am. Not only that, but I'm cheap! I'm even losing body fat for better acceleration!
I have a new goal: To build the highest HP KLDE... ever (N/A, with VRIS, AC, power steering, etc... intact)! My goal was 200WHP, and I'm quite sure I'll be past that, after putting in my parts. When I learn how to drag, I should easily be in the 13's on street tires.

P.S. Fedanza.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

FIDANZA!!!!
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

fowljesse wrote:
mx3autozam wrote:
fowljesse wrote:Haha, Dan. I'm done with BUbba. He will no longer be able to do studies there.
I wanted to also mention that since I blocked off the IAC, I also put metal tape over the openings in the TB bore, for smoother airflow. It may seem silly, but all these little things add up.

You are so horney for every horsepower you can squeze out of that motor.

Yes I am. Not only that, but I'm cheap! I'm even losing body fat for better acceleration!
I have a new goal: To build the highest HP KLDE... ever (N/A, with VRIS, AC, power steering, etc... intact)! My goal was 200WHP, and I'm quite sure I'll be past that, after putting in my parts. When I learn how to drag, I should easily be in the 13's on street tires.

P.S. Fedanza.
What is the definition of a KLDE or a KLZE.
If you'd port the DE heads to a ZE intake.
Or put other cams, pistons, rods in there. It isn't really a KLDE/ZE anymore. ;)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

fowljesse wrote:Not only that, but I'm cheap! I'm even losing body fat for better acceleration!
:lol:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I've been thinking about the definition of KLDE. I figure as long as it has the DE heads, it's a DE, and I think the KLG4 counts as a "DE". I'm new to the whole "J-Spec/ JDM" thing. It's the same thing I've been doing for years, though; Cams, High comp Pistons, port/ polish, etc... If a guy were to put in aftermarket pistons that weren't out of a ZE, and got regrind cams, it couldn't be called a ZE. Soon, the only thing in mine that will be ZE is the pistons. IF I could afford dyno time, I think I could compare to the strongest N/A ZE builds. When I get all of my parts in, I'll do a dyno day to dial in the VRIS points, and maybe mess with the cam timing. I set my sights high, and am happy with whatever I acieve. Even if I barely break the 200WHP barrier, I'll be happy.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

This is all I can think of to say here.

- I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 400 calories or more, I'm free.

- I need FRIIIIIIESSSSSS! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight!!

- AMATURES DONT SUPER-SIZE! I'VE SEEN HOW YOU EAT!!! YOU'VE GOT A BIG MOUTH!! YOU'LL BLOW YOURSELF TO PIECES!

- What's the retail on one of those?? More than you can afford pal, 6-dollar burger!

- You're lucky the double shot of bbq sauce didn't blow a seam on your nugget box!!!

- Whoa! There she is, 2 pounds of pure MickeyD's beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. There was so much special sauce, the juices actually dripped onto his chin coming off the line.
What's your time? I haven't tasted her. She scares the crap outta me.

- My grill topped out at 140 degrees today. I need more charcoal, 2 bags, the big ones

- So what're you eatin?! Oh you gonna make me look under the bun and find out??

- It's not how you stand by your burger, it's how you EAT your burger.

- Bull shi* ***hole! no one likes the McTuna sandwich around here!

- You almost had me? You never had me. You never had your burger. You're granny-biting, not double-chomping like you should!!!

- Now me and Ronald McDonald here are gonna have to rip open the counter, and replace the ONION RINGS YOU FRIED.

- You know you owe me a 10 pack of nuggets. Ooh. Ouch!

- Don't do it! I'll bet he's got at least a triple cheeseburger under that bun!

- Torretto's got ketchup in his veins and an all beef patty for a brain.

- They opened my bag. Disrespected my fries. All because someone narked me out! AND YOU KNOW WHAT!! IT WAS RONALD!!!

- I thought we had an understanding? You stay on your side of the play-place, I stay on mine.

-Bryan - "Welcome to Mcdonald's, may I take your order?"
Hector - "Yeah, I made a list. I want 3 of everything."

-All the descriptions were the same. 3 black Angus beef patties,
precision-placed pickles, Mushimoto mayonaisse.

- I bet a couple of 1/2 pound patties would pull a premium three days before Taste Wars wouldn't they?

- Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But If I win, I take the burger AND the TOY. To some people that's more important

- If you can't find the right sauce and relish in this garage, you don't belong near a burger

- Ask any burger lover, any real burger lover, it don't matter if you eat a Mcdonalds or a burger king, eating is eating
- Dom: That's my dad. He was coming up in the all you can eat pro circuit. Last meal of the season, he was coming into the final Big Mac when a chef named Kenny Linder hot-sauced his burger and put him into the toilet at a hundred and twenty miles an hour. I watched my father dump to death. I can still remember him screaming. The people who were there said my father died long before his a-- blew. They said it was me that was screaming.

- Tran: Do you see anything wrong here?
Ted: No.
Tran: We got no sauces, do we? Do we?
Ted: No.
Tran: A couple of Barbeque Sauces will pull a premium......one week before Taste Wars, huh?
What are you feeling, Lance? Hot mustard? Sweet 'N Sour?
Lance: Hot mustard sounds nice.

- Dom: Brian, don't lose that cool of yours. That's your happy meal ticket.
Brian: My happy meal ticket? I can't pay for my own McNuggets
Dom: I got the McNuggets.

- Jesse: These are the ingredients, this is the basic layout of the Mac, and this is what it could look like when it's done. Ketchup, pickles, whatever
Brian: Hey man, you should be goin to the grill or something

- Dom: You can't put pickles on a burger with the bun on.

- Letty: you want a piece of pizza, go to domino’s pizza, you want a meat rush order two large.

- Jesse: You know what? This will decimate all... after we put about fifteen pounds or more under the bun. If we have to, supersize some fries from Japan.

- Dom: Jesse, since you were the first to reach in and grab some burgers, why don't you say grace?
Jesse: Dear Heavenly... uh...
Leon: Ronald.
Jesse: Ronald. Thank you. Thank you for providing us with the Big-Mac special... uh... sauce, the quarter pounder with cheese, an' Sausage Egg & Cheese McGriddles, and... um... the Mighty Kids Meal with 6 pc Chicken McNuggets. Thank you.
Leon: Amen!
Dom: Very nice.

Letty: He was praying to the Burger gods.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, Dan.

Now the car is almost street legal! I've been driving with the plates from the stock car, and got caught :o Not bad, after over 2 years of cheating the law. I got a ticket for "failure to initially register" the car. I got lucky. I got caught doing it before, a looong time ago, with '66 Buick Skylark plates on a '72 Olds Cutlass and got a "ficticious plates" ticket, and a huge fine.
Now, I have to put a Cat on, and pass emissions. Hopefully, it won't be too hard. I'm thinking that, if I don't pass with my other tricks, I'll drill a hole in the top of the exhaust pipe, just after the muffler. Fortunately, I can adjust the fuel to exactly 14.7:1 at idle, and 25 mph, where they check it.

"You shut your mouth. How can you say, I go about things the wrong way?" - Morrissey
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Backward progress!
Well, legal-wise, it's progress. CJthor welded in a Cat for me last night, and put an O2 sensor in the collector, so now I can really tune! I say backward, because the Cat is restrictive. We had to use a 2" pipe to weld it in. However, it sounds awesome! It was a little too loud, and now it's perfect. Thanks, CJThor.
Also, the exhaust pipe was restricting my short shifter movement because I was driving on the freeway last winter on ice, and hit 5 different sets of big rig snow chains that fell off, and they moved my entire exhaust back, after knocking it off of the hangers.
I did someting pretty cool; I got my hand wedged between the wheel, and brake rotor. CJthor was going to take the wheel off, but I managed to pull my hand out. I went into shock from the pain, but I can still type!
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

was just looking at the insulation you put around the doors and hatch. i did the same thing to my hatch but i put it on the bottom (yours is beside...) of the hatch so it get squeezed when its closed. its kind of hard to explain but i was able to put it the entire way around and you cant notice it from the outside. my hatch used to make a clunking noise every time i went over a bump and this completely stopped that aswell.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Cool. yeah, it works pretty well, as long as you don't stretch it as you put it on, because it will shrink, and can come loose.

So more progress today!!
I bought one of Mooneggs' Carbon Fiber hoods and put it on. I started to cut out my Markolon hatch "glass", but I broke Mooneggs' Dremel. Sorry, buddy.
I also did some fine tuning.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I wish I lived down the street from Mooneggs...you could build a pretty kickass MX-3 from his cast offs.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah sometimes I feel like I have 4 mx-3's with the amount of parts I've given/sold to Jesse and Dana 8) I had this CF hood for 7 years... it was from the second round of Oscar's CF hood group buy...

Anyways here's a couple pics of the hood swap!

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Today, I spent several hours sanding and buffing the hood. It doesn't look great. I plan to paint it, anyway.
However, I got a great idea!
I have been running without a TB gasket, and I just found a sheet of silicone that I got to make soundproof earmuffs to sleep in (works great). So, I thought "why not make a gasket out of silicone?".
Here's what I started with. I got it at Target, in baking stuff.

Here it is after I cut it to fit, and cut the bolt holes with a hole puncher:

When I take my IM off again, I'm going to make gaskets for that with aniother sheet of this.

I've been tuning for exactly 14.7:1 AFR for emissions testing tomorrow. Send me good luck vibes!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

fowljesse wrote:Backward progress!
Well, legal-wise, it's progress. CJthor welded in a Cat for me last night, and put an O2 sensor in the collector, so now I can really tune! I say backward, because the Cat is restrictive. We had to use a 2" pipe to weld it in. However, it sounds awesome! It was a little too loud, and now it's perfect. Thanks, CJThor.
Also, the exhaust pipe was restricting my short shifter movement because I was driving on the freeway last winter on ice, and hit 5 different sets of big rig snow chains that fell off, and they moved my entire exhaust back, after knocking it off of the hangers.
I did someting pretty cool; I got my hand wedged between the wheel, and brake rotor. CJthor was going to take the wheel off, but I managed to pull my hand out. I went into shock from the pain, but I can still type!
You're welcome! Amazing enough everything went pretty well that night!! All the welding came out PERFECT!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Even my weld is good!

So, I joined the Dub Club, however temporarily. CJthor noticed that my tires are dangerously bald. In fact, one went flat as I pulled into his workshop. So, he loaned me a set of complete wheels! Waddaguy.
Here they are:

They are Mini Cooper rims with Kumho Ecsta 205/40/17s. They're light for 17s :)
I love how they track, and how quick the response is. I can tell a little bit that they are slower to accelerate, and brake, but almost not enough to keep me from getting 17s, because I love the way they look. They make the car look longer. The tires are almost brand new, and have great grip, but I still accidentally spin them, if I take off too quickly (and I don't take off like I'm racing). With the 2¼" exhaust, and cat that goes down to 2", I have alot of torque.
In other news, the car won't pass emisions. Everything I try raises the Hydrocarbon levels. I think I'm going to drill a hole just after the muffler.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”