Sniff.. Sniff

Off-Topic Discussions
grimsby3
antispam: No

Sniff.. Sniff

Post by grimsby3 »

So, the countdown is ticking, not too sure when it will stop, but it will stop shortly :(
If you're wondering what the hell I'm talking about, my current part time job (I'm only 18) isn't giving me enough hours to keep my mx-3 on the road. If i tried to continue paying my insurance monthly, I would have to siphon gas or become a cloaked gas bandit, and I don't like the idea of gas comin that close to my mouth, and I don't look good in a cloak, so both those options are out of the picture.

I'm lookin for more/other work but it's not looking optomistic, not right now anyways. So I'm a bit disappointed because that car is my life and thanks to some shitty bosses I can't continue driving it:(

That being said, I'm trying to look at the positive side of this, which is with the car off the road, I can finally afford new toys for it, such as an air intake, exhaust etc., and if I can find a good paying job shortly and keep the car off the road, maybe a ZE which would be totally worth parking it.
-- Just wanted to vent

if anyone needs an 18 year old for work, please let me know haha
'95 MX-3 Precidia V6 1.8L, Sony Stereo Deck, 12" MTX Sub w/500 Watt Amp KLZE Swap In the Future!!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Sniff.. Sniff

Post by mitmaks »

don't give up kid. I started my first job when I was 18 and worked there for 3 long years for pretty much minimum wage (part time) I drove 88 civic 4 door and it got me around and I saved money for mx-3 and other cars I have now. Got through college and got a real job.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
grimsby3

Post by grimsby3 »

I'm not giving up, just throwin the towel in for a short while :) yeah, once the summer comes around I'll have a fulltime job so I'll definatly be able to afford it then just the time between now and then is a little bumpy
'95 MX-3 Precidia V6 1.8L, Sony Stereo Deck, 12" MTX Sub w/500 Watt Amp KLZE Swap In the Future!!
MX3-4U2NV

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Temp agencies are the answer until you find something more permanent
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

You have it insured under your name?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

where do you live? maybe someone needs your skills
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Don't buy things like exhaust/intake/etc for the car if you are living month to month trying to get by. Save up the money so you have a little cushion in case something happens again or you need tires, etc.

You can always try nights/weekends/etc at a local convenience store.
grimsby3

Post by grimsby3 »

_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:You have it insured under your name?

Technically I do, my parents just "co-signed" the insurance so that I could basically get insured with that company because I was 17 when I first started driving and we looked around and that was the cheapest I was gonna get at this age until I have my G license
onlytrueromeo wrote:Don't buy things like exhaust/intake/etc for the car if you are living month to month trying to get by. Save up the money so you have a little cushion in case something happens again or you need tires, etc.

You can always try nights/weekends/etc at a local convenience store.
I know, but I've had this tuner bug in me since I was very young and my old car (a shitty 93 pontiac sunbird w/ compression problems and the side door was crunched in from a truck backing into me) was very.. untunable, my mx-3 is my life lol no joke.
*Update* Gotta love parents eh? They're gonna help me out until I can find a job that gives a few more hours so I can afford the car and thensome haha
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

You should work something out so that you're the secondary driver on the policy or something, it would be cheaper.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Forbes Ford is hiring right now for oil change boy / car washer. you should take a resume down. no experience needed
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
grimsby3

Post by grimsby3 »

Oh really? Thanks for the heads up, I'll go down there tomorrow as much as I don't like Ford I do like driving my mx3 so it'll be worth it thanks again eh
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

Not sure how it works where you are, but over nights seem to pay great. Thou you lose your daytime. Just dont give up.
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.

Return to “Off-Topic”