new to mx3.com

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
kevin26k
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

new to mx3.com

Post by kevin26k »

i just registerd but ive been lurking around here for a while. my mx3 just broke a timing belt and im lookin to sell the shell and the parts but i have to have 30 post so super gay. very helpful site through the yrs when needing info on my car but im lookin for something else. im sure other mx-3 owners has had the same luck trying to sell, guess i should of folowed the bandwagon and got a honda.. not. theres not much mx-3 love here in MO.
Muzzled

Re: new to mx3.com

Post by Muzzled »

dare to be different... and eat hondas for breakfast :lol: fix ur mx timing belts arent a HUGE money pit.
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Welcome aboard, where are you from?
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

just change timing belt and enjoy it....hondas suck btw and yes they also have timing belt and you do have to change them :lol:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
kevin26k

Post by kevin26k »

been a bad week and in the last yr or so the 3's been goin down hill. im sure ill fix the belt within time, ive had different thoughts bought what to do. my k8 has almost 190,000 miles so i thought about a lower milage k8 or go klze. the only thing about klze is theres no real good outlet for klze's around my area and im not gettin one off ebay. any advice or good outlets for the klze? im located in literaly the center of missouri so its kinda hard to get my hands on jdm parts and the places i know of only handle honda and nissan stuff mostly. i love my 3, its been through alot with me just sucks not having alot of aftermarket support for them. id like to get my hands on a rhd drive 3 that way i could be as kool as the local honda dudes. :D
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Why havent you thought of a DE? You can source the parts a whole lot easier and put the extra monies towards some extra performance mods. I know everyone loves a ze but a de can be just as fierce and wreck any swapped civics. Ask my old co-worker ex-honda driver >.<
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome to posting :wink:
Depending on how much work you're willing to do, or pay for, you can get a J/Y DE, and build it to be more powerful than a ZE, and really have bragging rights.
I'm open about what my car has, but if I wanted to, I could tell people that I have a stock DE that consistantly killed Hondas at the drags, even with an inexperienced drag racing driver (me), and old stock tires. I have a modified DE, and a good driver could get it into the 13s pretty easily. When I get the rest of my parts in, I'll be able to run 13s, and a good driver would be able to do 13.5ish on street tires.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
kevin26k

Post by kevin26k »

the DE is just the detuned(compared to ZE) in the usdm mx-6s right? that has crossed my mine but truthfully i just dont want a fwd anymore. i bought a s13 and started to mess with the drift scene. i dont want my 3 to go to waste so ill either fix it or swap it, its still on the trailor now and i dont like to see it that way.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Thanks Jesse :)

But to answear your question, yes the DE is the USDM version of the 2.5l, its in the 626,mx-6, and probe gts in an easily swappable setup. And its a bit more than detuned if your thinking its in the timing and fuel mapping as they run different compressions, the usdm 2.5l is about 160-170hp if im right compared to the 200hp in a ze.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
kevin26k

Post by kevin26k »

i found a mx-6 with DE and 5 speed. i can buy the whole car cheap but what all would i have to do to ge the DE running in my 3? obvisously the motor set and ecu but is there any wiring differences?
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

You need to look in the FAQ section.. theres a ton of write ups and a link to a step by step on the first page
93 GS red (wrecked)
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

a mazda k series swap is easier than any honda series swap and the hp numbers are much greater at a lower cost :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
kevin26k

Post by kevin26k »

thanks everyone for the help. you still told me to search for my answers but about 10 thousand times nicer than most ppl on the 240 forum im always on. i never understood how a group of ppl with the same cars hate on each other so much.

another question-
im looking to replace my struts pretty soon bc theyre going bad, no one likes the ksport or dc coilovers and im not looking to spend $2000 on a set of coils, any other brands that are decent around the $1000 range i could get?
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

who doesn't like ksports? they are great coilovers for this little car.

Your cheapest solution would be Ford Zx2 struts with a ground control setup
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
kevin26k

Post by kevin26k »

on the susp. FAQ page a few ppl said they start leaking quickly and they have a high rate spring. i currently am sitting on kyb gr2 struts with cheap egay coil sleeves but i cant go as low as i would like. were im at now i bottom the struts out on big bumps. are the spring perches higher on the strut on zx2's compared to the mx3 stuff, or will i have the same problem when i lower my car. i figured a set of coils would solve his but im interested in getting zx2 struts if they would help..

Return to “Introduction Forum”