to fix or not to fix =(

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Muzzled

Re: to fix or not to fix =(

Post by Muzzled »

wytbishop wrote:I would fix it...but it is a lot of work to even get it to the point where you could patch that. I understand why someone wouldn't want the hassle.

funny thing is my gs is spotless underneath, and its a year older. i think ive made my decision. ill be parting it out once ive taken off what ineed for the ze and the interior comes with me :P sad but true. my Gs has treated me well. i doubt this new one can replace the sentimental value the gs has .
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
TrevorTheGallant
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

Fix
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

One less se mx in the world...... :(
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

dude if you fix that se up. it could be worth alot more than just any old gs in good time
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
bbunkerc397

Post by bbunkerc397 »

I think so too
1996 MX-3 KL-ZE with Eunos 800 IM, factory side skirts,. "Owner since 2001 my 14th year"
1992 929s 20B-REW Lowered, 17" chrome Millenia rims, custom black interior. "13th Owner 9th year"
2006 Chevy HHR LT "Bought Brand New - East Side Chevy" Sold to my Dad
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Sadly, that's not really the case. To everyone in the world outside this forum it's just another MX-3 and unless there's a forum member in his area who really wants an SE it's not worth any more than any other car in the same condition.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Muzzled

Post by Muzzled »

wytbishop wrote:Sadly, that's not really the case. To everyone in the world outside this forum it's just another MX-3 and unless there's a forum member in his area who really wants an SE it's not worth any more than any other car in the same condition.
im agreeing with this. my gs will have a leather interior this weekend rain or shine.
sure it sucks but if you think about it. i can have a 92 SE when alls said and done if i get everything into the gs...... including the heated seats. i found a way to get it to work thanks to mich =)

so as of now i wont be parting anything out till im done taking off what i need. then when im done i will post up and whatevers left is gna be up for grabs but not till im done getting my gs lookin sweet with a ze and no the rims wont be part of it nor will the suspension!.

thanks for the input guys but alas GS good frame vs SE with a bad frame.... im making the right decision to have a long lasting mx3 on the road.
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

heres an idea to save you a lot of time and effort and make ur gs a se.
swap everything that makes ur se a se into your gs.
then swap the vins.
change the color on the registration.
and there you go.
your gs becomes a se
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Then he'd have to cut out the portion in the engine bay and weld it in. IMO if you swap all the leathers over it's good enough, because it's true - no one outside of this forum would really care :shrug:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

SpatialTerror wrote:heres an idea to save you a lot of time and effort and make ur gs a se.
swap everything that makes ur se a se into your gs.
then swap the vins.
change the color on the registration.
and there you go.
your gs becomes a se
I hope you're just joking as that's illegal and if someone buys that car down the road and finds out what you did your a-- is gonna do some time.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

sucks that people want to take easy way out and rather than fix something they will destroy it :shrug:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Muzzled

Post by Muzzled »

mitmaks wrote:sucks that people want to take easy way out and rather than fix something they will destroy it :shrug:
well think of it this way dude, cost effectiveness and longevity are key for me, why would i fix something that someone else neglected and let go too far. as is the rockers are completely shot...... the passenger wheel well is shot.. the hatch is rusting....... both doors are shot.

now put urself in my shoes. i have a completely GREAT gs...... no rust on it whatsoever outside and in would it not make more sense to combine the good and have a car thatll last a good long time if taken care of vs a POS thatll fall apart even if i do fix the rust.... rust is like cockroaches man where there is one theres plenty more. nuff said.

sorry but the decisions made ive made the best decision, especially with what im given, and whats in my best interest.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I don't see the big fuss over a lost SE.

From what he is saying, it sounds like rust is everywhere, and on his GS it's spotless.

The clear choice is to keep the GS.
darebear69

Post by darebear69 »

thats nothing a little sheet metal and fiberglass cant fix! lol GET ER DONE!
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well if its more than just that for body and unibody repairs then yes its not worth it.
but if its just that.
and some other minor stuff.
i would fix it
SpatialTerror

Return to “Appearance”