DiaMagus
antispam: No

So whats a good sounding exhaust? Pacesetter='s trash help!;

Post by DiaMagus »

:p Non raspy- and deep mine sounds like tin crunching
Evo_Spec

Re: So whats a good sounding exhaust? Pacesetter='s trash help!;

Post by Evo_Spec »

you just need to put in a resonator, it'll make it quieter and deeper sounding with much less rasp
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I'm about to install some Pacesetters myself, I'm hoping they don't change the current sound I have too much cause it's pretty deep and dirty. But I think the muffler and resonator play a big role also.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Any header for the KL gives some unwanted raspyness..

But its controllable with the muffler mostly

like they said, get a glass pack and a good muffler like magnaflow, flowmaster, borla, etc
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

When I put on the paceSetters, I had a Magnaflow, and nothing else. It sounded great. Then I changed to a FlowMaster HushPower, and it sounds even better. It is a straight exhaust with no Cat, and it has 1 bend to a side exit. There is a tiny bit of rasp at about 5500, under load. Here's a Dyno video:

'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

whoa I thought I was loud. I could not live with that Jesse. I'm adding a cat this summer to quiet her down a bit more. I like the sound but the volume and the drone drive me nuts.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It was a small room, so it's louder than usual. It is a bit loud, but not annoying (to me). However, I've had loud V8s, almost open header Motorcycles, etc.
I'm going to put on a cat with 2½" exhaust.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ManduMX6
antispam: No

Re: So whats a good sounding exhaust? Pacesetter='s trash he

Post by ManduMX6 »

I suggest Magnaflow... I have stock piping from the cat alllllll the way back.. Just the muffler has been changed.. and I still have yet to hear another MX-6 or even MX-3 that sounds like mine... Not saying it sounds better but it's very deep, not raspy, sounds mean.. and absolutely screams in a very manly deep way.. lol :P
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I wish I could get a decent soundclip of my car... everyone says it's the best sounding klze they have ever heard... like sex for your ears (if you don't mind it a little loud) lol
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Not that hard to make a video Moon, just stand to the side of the car and not directly behind the muffler. :wink:
Just my .02, but I have a Flowmaster and I like it ok (good for power is the reason I bought it). I've heard Pacesetter and Magnaflow ZEs on 2.5 piping and like the Flowmaster best out of those. However, my all time favorite was a DE with a Super Trapp and resonator. Absolutely awesome sound. Kind of like a 350Z stock accelerating, but louder.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My Ebay headers with 2.25" piping, 14" straight through resonator and Magnaflow muffler is pretty awesome sounding...a bit loud, but not really bad.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

I actually run a pacesetter catback and so far its been awesome. Theyre quieter than stock but give you a nice deep growl at about 5500-6000 revs. Only problem Ive run into is the muffler is too high in the back so you either have to cut your bumper and live with the shield noise or heat up the mounts and tweak them. Oh and be sure to grind down the paint on the welds and use some proper heat paint or youll have to take it off later like i did to do it. Ive had mine for about 2yrs now and I still roll the windows down when i hit a tunnel
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

not a fan of the quality on the pacestter cat back. I didn't mind the sound but the quality was too great. The tip on the end of mine rusted at the weld on the muffler after just over a year and it ended up falling off.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
TrevorTheGallant

Post by TrevorTheGallant »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWsILsFnsZg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

↑ <3

All i have to say hahah
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

TrevorTheGallant wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWsILsFnsZg

↑ <3

All i have to say hahah
Love the sound but i love that hatch shade more!!! I definatly need to find one of those some time
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”