SteeleMX3: my bone stock 1992 MX3 Precidia GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

Re: SteeleMX3: my bone stock 1992 MX3 Precidia GS

Post by SteeleMX3 »

checked out your worklog Evo_Spec..finally! very nice look, too bad she's mostly show and only some go as you were saying before. Engine swappage any time soon??
Last edited by SteeleMX3 on February 28th, 2010, 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

I just bought these pedals...I didn't do it for the cf look lol, just for the blue/black theme.

comments? :shrug:
Last edited by SteeleMX3 on March 6th, 2010, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MX-3zoom

Post by MX-3zoom »

I like 'em! be careful with your wet feet on those.
[What can you say, I have a fetish for 3's]
mikeetown wrote: Do what you want to do dude cause in the end, your mx-3 is all about you.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SteeleMX3 wrote:checked out your worklog Evo_Spec..finally! very nice look, too bad she's mostly show and only some go as you were saying before. Engine swappage any time soon??
lol, only some go? there's only a warm air intake and new spark plug wires! :freak:
yeah there's a swappage planned but i'm still not too sure what's going on with everything.
SteeleMX3 wrote:I just bought these pedals...I didn't do it for the cf look lol, just for the blue/black theme.
comments? :shrug:
they look like pedals that use the clips on the 4 corners, if they are, after time they loosen and are annoying as F$%% when they are, and with our snow and crap we tend to get mud/dirt in the screws so it makes it hard to tighten, so my suggestion is that you try to find a way to screw it directly to your pedals rather than using the clips.
but yeah they have a pretty cool shape to them, maybe paint the fake CF? or get real CF :D
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

maybe I'll have to have a set of winter pedals lol, and yes, I most likely will be painting the "cf"
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Alright, I've not been partaking in the "tangible" side of my project so much as the "scrounging" side lately, but I've got a few ideas of where I'm headed now. Headlamps, I'm thinking slayer's LED rope mod with retrofitted HID bulbs and clear lenses, this is all on USDM lamps. As for interior, I think I'm going to paint the vents (which Im switching to Euro vents now thanks to Evo), centre console, and door sills blue whilst wrapping the door pockets and all cloth bits in Blue vinyl. Any comments from those with experience on painting interior would be great, I don't want it to be tacky but from what I've seen on the MX3's that have painted interiors it looks pretty good (IMO :shrug: ). Also, I've seen blue under-dash lighting which looks pretty dang sweet but, again, I want to avoid tack-city at all costs.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

it's only tacky when you do too much (if it glows blue OUTSIDE your car, it's too tacky)
same with painting, don't go overboard.

I can help you with the painting process also as i'm quite confident with painting (you own me, i'm helping you with a LOT XD) (or at least offering =P)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I respectfully submit that I've never seen a painted interior that I thought looked good. IMO tacky comes with the territory and I would talk you out of it if I could.

I have seen some custom upholstery that looked cool.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

yah, custom upholstery is coming soon, I've just gotta get my lazy a$$ to fabricland and start sewing :lol:
I will think more carefully about the paint centre console as it might be overkill but I think I am still doing some blue in the interior for accents, AKA door sills, door pockets, cloth bits.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

I found these, http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-96-Mazda-MX3-MX-3 ... 500wt_1182 , and i'm wondering if theyre worth the approx $120, I don't think they are but maybe I'm wrong. They are exactly what I was looking for though :cry:
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

What you're paying for is his ability to make them...which very few people have. The question is...is it worth it to you?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

argh I think you're right, they'll have to be worth it to me lol, I don't think I'll find em anywhere else...maybe sometime soon they will be mine :roll:
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

pfft, i say save up and just buy the actual projectors.
but that's also coming from one of the laziest guys on here :lol:
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Update, update, update!

I finally did some real work and went to it on reupholstering my seats. Before I did this though, I went to upholstery shops and got quoted around $450 for the back seats alone...so I went to fabricland and picked up their strongest seam glue for $20 and got some blue vinyl free from RS_OBD'oh_2 :lol:

here are the seats before my project began:

here's the progress of cutting out the right shape:

here are the fruits of my labour :love:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Congrats on the ZE/ ECU!
I recommend just getting projectors, too. You can put the rope lights in them, also.
I've seen problems with getting vinyl, and leather to stick to the material, and that's just on the door panels, so I hope yours stick wtith people sitting on them. I wish I would have known about your theme! I have a rear lower seat that is that color combo, never sat on. It was made out of umbrella cloth material. If yours don't work out, let me know.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”