headlamp LED project

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
SteeleMX3
antispam: No

headlamp LED project

Post by SteeleMX3 »

Alright so I was browsing worklogs and found these:

So, if I wanted to do that ^^^, what would I have to do with the LED ropes below in order to make it work. This means wiring mainly.

cheers.
1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia GS-KLZE :: Rockin' my world since 2009
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72989 ---> Workloooogg
Evo_Spec

Re: headlamp LED project

Post by Evo_Spec »

you could do 2 things (imo)

you can wire a separate switch connecting to a contant 12v wire, or you can try to wire......i'm an idiot (thinking so complicated), what you'll want to do (or can do) is just splice it to your DRL wire going to your turn signals, or you can attach it to your turn signals, the choice is yours

I could help you with it when i come over to help with the LED dome light project.

but be careful on how you attach the light strip as i see it peeling off in the future if you only use double sided tape or something
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

i gotta stop answer your questions so fast, i feel like a stalker..... :freak:
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

haha yah please stop helping me so much... :| ...on the other hand, please continue :lol:
and maybe that should be the plan, I'm not such a great "wirer" so I think maybe if you helped me avoid wiring my lights to my horn that'd be super duper
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

alright, i'm quite confident with soldering and whatnot so just figure out how your going to attach the LED strip (epoxy or something? unless you don't care re-taping) and i'll help you with this and all the other stuff we got planned when i get back to canada
SteeleMX3

Post by SteeleMX3 »

huzzah! looking forward to many lighting projects to come :D I think for the LED rope I'll be putting like superglue there because if I dont want that look anymore I'll just replace the friggen things all together lol.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

SteeleMX3 wrote:huzzah! looking forward to many lighting projects to come :D I think for the LED rope I'll be putting like superglue there because if I dont want that look anymore I'll just replace the friggen things all together lol.
lol, that's what i figured cause even i got like 2 sets of headlights XD

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”