Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
93vtecklr

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple Beast

Post by 93vtecklr »

I want to see! I can't wait to see it in person at the meet, me = majorly stoked.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

I will settle for pictures :lol:
Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So...IMACHU2 has posted pics of his plan to relocate his brake reservoir and it got me thinking that I'd like to do that too. But he's using a 323 master(which is the same as an RS master btw) and I obviously have a GS master and his list of parts don't work on this master cylinder. The problem is that the ports are different...

So I went and got these, 1/4" NPT - 6JIC 90º elbow and a JIC-Push on hose adapter, a package of OEM style hose clamps and a couple of little o-rings (3/8IDx1/2ODx1/8thick).

Basically the NPT almost fits perfectly in the ports on the MC so I just drop the o-ring in there, push the fitting down hard and give it a quarter turn and the threads bite into the MC just enough to lock it in there. When I actually go to do the installations I will use some epoxy to ensure that they stay in place. IF a guy wanted to there is probably just enough material in the MC to cut a tiny bit of thread in the port with a NPT tap, but I don't think it will be necessary.

Then I'm going to run 3/8" polyurethane (chemical resistant for the brake fluid) vacuum hose to a RS/323 reservoir because the GS reservoir has tiny little nibs on it that you can't really clamp a hose on to whereas the rS/323 res has nice nipples with hose bumps. I'll have to stretch it over the hose fittings on the MC but it'll fit the res nipples nicely.

Total cost will be about $40 and then I'll be able to put my nicer KL31 TB on there with the stock linkage and not have to worry about hitting the brake res.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

And I found a 96' MX-6 today at pick n' pull. I'm taking the tranny tomorrow.

Looking forward to trying that fiasco again.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
IMACHU2

Post by IMACHU2 »

Lookin' good! :D The 323 / RS Reservoir looks like it was made for relocating.

Finished mine tonight. Turned out I did not need the hose clamps with the Wilwood hose. The fitting is a push-lock good for 250PSI with no clamp. No pressure, so no worries. The Wilwood hose, like the real push-lock hose needed to be cut off the fitting to remove it. (tested it, it was not coming off). The hose fits super tight on the reservoir side too, but I will likely put some factory style clamps on it for added insurance. The fake fitting style clamps were to cumbersome for the reservoir side.

Dominic Toretto's whip is a MaZda and his cell phone number starts in "(323)"
My work log http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=72471
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah I was just looking at that in your log. I wouldn't worry about clamps except maybe for the looks. I would probably adjust the bracket so that the float is level but I'm nit pickey on things like that. Also I am going to try to locate mine so that the hose runs steadily down to the M/C...but again...nitpickey. I grabbed the reservoir off the MX-6 I was tearing apart yesterday and it's the same as the one you're using. I held it up to a GS strut tower and it looks to me like on the MX-3GS the M/C is a little lower in relation to the strut tower. But I think I'm going to build a bracket and hang the res right above the M/C by the same studs on the booster that the M/C bolts to.

Tranny removal was successful and it looks to be in good shape. But, I'm old and I have a chronic condition in my neck and spent the day today eating pain killers and icing so it's not in the car yet. Next weekend I hope.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Good day today. Old busted MX3 tranny out...MX6 tranny in. First impression is good. I will update soon.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

wytbishop wrote:Good day today. Old busted MX3 tranny out...MX6 tranny in. First impression is good. I will update soon.
If you needed help getting that in..... why didnt you call me..... LOL!
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I will call you next time...definitely a 2 man...person...job. It took me almost an hour to wrestle it in there on my own.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So I've been driving on the MX-6 tranny for a few days now and I am totally pleased with it. In gears 1-4 the change is just noticeable. Maybe a 150 or so RPM taller. It's still a pretty short gearset but now in 3rd at 60kph (36mph) or in 4th at 80kph (50mph) the tach is just below 3k instead of just over 3k. It helps. On the highway at 120 is the real bonus though. The tach drops about 800 RPM when shifting from 4th to 5th and at highway speed it's like driving a normal car. I commute about 35mins to work every day and about 25 of that on a highway and I have already noticed an improvement in fuel mileage.

A completely worthwhile expendature.

In other news, my birthday is coming and my lovely wife is buying me a new windshield. I called every glass shop in town and found prices ranging from $560 with new trim down to $189 installed (I'm assuming they'll reuse the trim). So that's not too bad I figure. Comes with a lifetime warrantee and I'm booked in the Saturday after Easter.

Woot!
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Awesome.

Why don't you have glass insurance? For me its like $25/year for full coverage.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The glass was badly cracked when I got the car so glass insurance was not an option for me at the time. Now that it's replaced I will be adding glass coverage.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Make sure if they are replacing the trim to use the black OEM style not the silver aftermarket style! The silver one is of inferior quality.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Had the windshield replaced today. They managed to save the original molding which is nice and the install looks pretty good. Have to wait until I get the tape off and everything cures before I know for sure. The installation is garanteed for life so if it leaks or something comes unglued I can bring it straight back.

It's nice to be able to see again.

Bumper support has been stuck in customs for 2-1/2 weeks now...but I'm not in a huge herry for that. So long as it is released in time to have the bumpers done for Kelowna.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

im so sorry... did i miss your birthday?
Happy Birthday if i didnt miss it and Happy belated Birthday if i did miss it.

{{hugs}} De
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”