Just received FREE MX-3!!!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
nightbrewer
antispam: No

Just received FREE MX-3!!!

Post by nightbrewer »

Hey everyone I just joined this forum becuase I got a free mx-3; and I know how helpful these online communities can be. Im really excited and love to modify cars, motorcycles...everything. The story goes like this: Back in 1992 my best friends mom bought a brand new blaze red RS. She drove it untill she gave it to my best friend in 1997. He customized the look of it a lot by adding a spoiler, ground effects front and sides, nice wheels...and more. I used to ride around in it with him all the time, he had the best car in my group of friends by far. Anyways in 2001 my friend tragicly died while attending college; it was one of the hardest and painful things I have ever experianced. His parents drove the car itermittetly after that but mostly it was stored under a tarp tent for the last 10 years. A couple weeks ago I finally went to visit his parents and asked if I could buy the car. To my great surprise they said I could just have it!!! Im driving it now and I love it. I plan on doing a BP-T swap, new red paint, leather interior, and more... in the next year. I plan on keeping the exterior mostly how he had it. I will try and post some pics of it soon. This site is great and I have already leared so much about this car. Thanks.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Just received FREE MX-3!!!

Post by fowljesse »

At first, I was excited to congratulate you, and then it made me sad, because I lost my best friend, too. The anniversary is this week.
Still, congrats! Good luck with the swap! Please put up a worklog :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

all i can say is KICK A$$ and post MEGA pics ASAP! & (worklog)
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Sad and interesting story...hopefully you'll keep it and pass it on in honor of your friend. I'm sure that he'd want someone like yourself to take care of it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
nightbrewer

Post by nightbrewer »

Ok. Im trying to post a pic of my car right now. By the way I saw that theres a introduction forum which I skipped; sooo.. my name is Paul and Im from Central Oregon, USA. Image
Last edited by nightbrewer on February 7th, 2010, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

welcome to the forums.

my friend. we need much more pictures than that XD
nightbrewer

Post by nightbrewer »

I dont see my pic and I followed the photobucket instructions on the "posting a pic of your mx3" forum. hmm..think its to big? Ill try one more time...Image
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

That thing looks to be in very good condition!

Isn't there a question of legality concerning the blacked out headlights?

And how do you personally feel about the chrome fender flares?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
nightbrewer

Post by nightbrewer »

cool it worked. So first thing I will get around to is taking off those shiny fender foil strips. I never liked those from the day he installed them. Also Im planning on getting bigger/better fog lights and mabye some projecter headlights.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Should maybe look into lowering springs too :) It would really improve the look, I think.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
nightbrewer

Post by nightbrewer »

I drove about an hour ago in the dark and those covers make your lights very ineffective. I have a couple motorcycle projects going on right now so this car will have to wait for time and money; but not too long. Also in a couple weeks im picking up a white 92 GS parts car for $250.00!! So i will get some goodies off that car for sure.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I'd get gs or wraparound spoiler and get rid of those wheel liners .... that's ricy.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The Oregon MX-3 autocross crew is going to Eugene on the 28th for a race. If you'd like to meet up with us, that would be great. We're from the Portland area.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nightbrewer

Post by nightbrewer »

Im keeping the spoiler but will lose the fender things. I dont think its ricy at all, I think the spoiler compliments the car. Trust me.. in less than 2 years this cars bite will equal its bark. Plus I need the extra downforce on the rear in the sweepers at 120mph+ :lol: . Wont a race be a little silly with only 88HP on tap and stock suspension? How many other mx-3s are expected to be there?
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

nightbrewer wrote: Wont a race be a little silly with only 88HP on tap and stock suspension? How many other mx-3s are expected to be there?
It's not silly if you're there to have fun. I saw a guy in an old stock protege (I think it was a 4cyl) at the first autoX I ever went to, and I remember him out of all of the high horsepower, and exotic cars because he DROVE it! The tires were just about coming out of the beads. It was great fun to watch. There will be at least 3 MX-3s, and 2 of us are really good drivers (I have a ribbon that says "I try my best" :lol: ). You don't have to race, either. I don't know if you know about Autocross, but it's really low key, done in a big parking lot, and there's no drama. So, just hanging out is a good time.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”