Video: 3 MX-3s racing AutoX. Me, Mooneggs, and Stereoking15

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Video: 3 MX-3s racing AutoX. Me, Mooneggs, and Stereoking15

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, custommx3, and Ice racing :)
I am (1st car) using H&R springs with Gabriel struts (slightly softer than the others), A Whiteline swaybar with Wytbishop's solid endlinks, All Energy Suspension Poly bushings, and Nylatron A-arm bushings. I adjusted the endlinks to have tension to balance for the weight of me driving (190 lbs.).
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I am using intrax lowering springs, kyb gr2 struts (the rears are not good), front/rear strut bars, all srd bushings and that's it.

I didn't have any special settings for this run... just driver skill HAHAHA :freak:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the important strut bars. My front is the beefiest I've seen. It's made by AeroSpeed. The rear one is the ovalised MazdaSpeed.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Also got the SRD replica crossmember and tie bar ;)
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, Jeeeez. Of course! I need to hang out under my car. I knew I was forgetting alot of stuff. It all adds up to neutral handling :D
JosieGirl
antispam: No

Post by JosieGirl »

Nice video! Excellent runs! =]
1993 Mazda Mx3 Precidia GS.
Blaze Red.
24-Valve KL-ZE engine swap.
Complete Magnaflow Exhaust, dual tip.
K&N Cold Air Intake.
Altezza Tails.
---------------------------

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."" -George Carlin

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Thanks, JosieGirl! There will be a new one in about 3 weeks :D
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

i even posted this comment on the video, but here it goes again :
Dont u guys have Trackday's there ?
I mean, its fun and all , but driving in a parking lot around some cones, makes me think about dog training ( sorry dogs )
These cars deserve, need and are expecting to be driven on a proper Race Track ...
im sure u guys can do this , come on ... 8) :wink:
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

That was you?! It almost reads like an insult.
I wrote something like "Yeah, there is a track 4-5 hours away, and we are planning to do it. [Stereoking15] won $1,000 at an event that was open to any kind of car." 2nd place went to a car that was specifically built for the event.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

A few of us are considering taking a class at the local racetrack (Portland International Raceway) which will then get us certified to race at several other tracks around the area...

yeah it looks cheesy but if you've never done time attack against cones you are missing out... it's alot more of an adrenaline rush than the camera can capture... :mrgreen:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, it beats the poop out of going in a straight line for 14.5 seconds, or racing on the street like a fool! (I would love street race, if it was safe!)
Mooneggs, I wonder if a certificate from a well known out of town racing school would work.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Dunno I think Dana and I are looking at taking the class in April or something... I'll let you know more when I have more details!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Das ist sveet.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

yeah jesse post up the vids! I want to see my 4th run :mrgreen:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I have to do it somewhere with a better connection (your house?). I want to see them, too! I wish I could have filmed all the sideways Subies, the '80s hair band team burn-outs, turbo brick drifter, and the 240 tire launch!
I'm so proud of you guys.
Wish I could have raced.
Next time.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”