High fuel consumption

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
arendal
antispam: No

Re: High fuel consumption

Post by arendal »

Okay, i have three sensors, ill post a pic later...

Again i tried to read out fault codes, and now the car report fault 15, bad o2 sensor. So i will bye a new one.
MugenReplica

Post by MugenReplica »

So, have you fixed the problem and has your fuel consumption decresed?
arendal

Post by arendal »

No i stille have the problem, i try change the o2 sensor, but dident change 2 much. But i dont know if there could be a problem with the new o2 sensor? The readings i get when i meassure it seems to be wrong, it says only 0,001 volt and do not change at all....
arendal

Post by arendal »

But i dont get any fault from the ecu anymore.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Have you checked the MAF voltage?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
arendal

Post by arendal »

I also have problems with the idle, when it is cold, it run about 2000rpm, when it get hot it fall to 750. But when i drive a little trip, and stop for idle it goes up to 1100 and dont go further down.... If i start and stops the car the idle is perfekt 750... If i rev the engine it falls back to 750. but if i drive again, then it goes up to 1100rpm... If i put it in gear and slip the clutch a little, so then engine falls under 750, and the take the clutch fully agaín, it stabilise to 750rpm again...

Could this problem be related to my high fuel consumption??
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

mine does that when its really cold out, I have not found a source for it as of yet but if I do I will post it.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”