body work I'm getting done

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
cweed
antispam: No

Re: body work I'm getting done

Post by cweed »

so did some more body work on the MX3, took off the bumper and started Hand Sanding it, very big pain in the a.ss, put on a final coat of bondo. just got some minor dents to pull off the hood and it'll be ready to paint on tuesday.
'94 GS 1.8 V6 5 Speed Manual - cold air intake - hei mod - klze awaiting install
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

make sure it's straight as glass before painting it, would hate to see dents/low spots in it after it's painted.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I hope it turns out great. At least you didn't hit a cow like I did. Good thing I was in my 33' RV with 3ft. ground clearance.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cweed

Post by cweed »

so tuesday I use a nail gun to take out the final dents from the hood then start taping up the glass to paint it.. also, I'm faily new to the auto body industry... its been raining today (and will be for the next week) and my car had some bondo put on friday.. think the bondo will absorb rain water? hope I dont have to redo it.
'94 GS 1.8 V6 5 Speed Manual - cold air intake - hei mod - klze awaiting install
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Yes, bondo does absorb moisture and solvents, so you better make sure it's dry before you primer it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
cweed

Post by cweed »

so painted the MX3 primer white this morning, had too many draw backs in the process. so after the first coat we were gonna let it bake in the booth at 120 for 2 1/2 hours. we set the temp and time, but noticed the booth wasnt heating, possibly due to the rain messing with the breakers on the roof, there was another booth we could of used but problem was if we moved the car it would get wet from the rain and mess up the paint so there was no choice but to let it self dry to the point that it wouldn't be effected by the rain. many hours later car is good to go. love the color. going in for a second coat tomorrow hopefully the booth heats up this time

fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Looking good. Did you paint your rear window, or forget to take the tape off?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
cweed

Post by cweed »

fowljesse wrote:Looking good. Did you paint your rear window, or forget to take the tape off?
I didn't paint the rear window its taped up, left the tape on for the next coat of primer.

also had another set back in the painting process for the MX3. after seeing another mx3 I noticed mine looks different from the rear. yup the rear bumper needs to be replaced, it looks slightly warped and the guard is bent from the inside, nothing too noticeable from the outside but still needs to be fixed before I blow all my money on good paint. they told me to heat gun it and reshape it but I think thats a little ghetto, I rather fix it the right way instead of making it look fixed. only problem is a discontinued mazda that not many people own is gonna be hard to find parts for it.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

OH, of course! It looks so good, I forgot it's just primer.
Hopefully you can find a good rear bumper at a junkyard.
edger0587

Post by edger0587 »

what did you do to your stock enkeis?
Elegant Beige 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS. CAI, Short throw shifter, 16" miata rims
1992 Mazda miata. Classic red, stock everything
RIP 1994 Mazda mx-3 RS

"Cats make terrible doctors"
cweed

Post by cweed »

edger0587 wrote:what did you do to your stock enkeis?
not sure if the 94 rims were enkeis, have to look it up, but I still got the stock rims.
snowback

Post by snowback »

funny how u left out the fact that u didnt do s--- except improperly sand the bumpers :wink: or how u paid ur uncle to weld the fender on after u hit a wall tryin to do a burnout :welder:
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Who the hell is this guy?
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

93vtecklr wrote:Who the hell is this guy?
His buddy maybe?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Sounds like a buddy who took the time out of his day to clutter our forum with a user we'll likely never again hear from, just to razz cweed online.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “Appearance”