Kelowna meet 2010 July 17th weekend

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Kelowna meet 2010

Post by wyldside »

I think that would work alright for us. As long as I don't travel on the Swiss passport and we can get a passport for the little one on the way before the trip.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
rece

Post by rece »

wyldside wrote:Well, I did find some stuff that is doable but still on the pricey side. I found some vacation homes and cabins around Christina Lake, BC that looks nice but it would be dependant on if they would allow people to set up tents outside and things like that. Most of the rates I've seen are charged on a per-week basis. Still looking though. Kelowna would still be the nicest area just because there is so much more to do there. And plus, that Go Carting was awesome fun! :mrgreen:
I forgot about the go carts. maybe ill have to suffer and book kelowna again now I know the loophole it won't be too difficult. So long as everyone can pre pay like last year. We could also look at options at different sites, but I think most like bear creek.

Really I need to know who is actually come and camp and where if any is the prefered location
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
PilotSmack89
antispam: No

Post by PilotSmack89 »

I am of the "Lead and I will follow" thought process :P

Like I said earlier, July and August won't work for me, anything else will.
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Well if we do Kelowna, Bear Creek has my vote. :mrgreen: Close proximity to the city and a nice shaded setup. I also like that the beach is close by and fairly nice (asside from those damn sharp rocks in the water :crying: ). Close to the Go Carting too.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

I wouldn't mind if it was in kelowna or not.. If it wasn't then at least I could road trip this time instead of driving 20 min to the meet :)
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

solo_ryder wrote:I wouldn't mind if it was in kelowna or not.. If it wasn't then at least I could road trip this time instead of driving 20 min to the meet :)
You could always go for a Road Trip to Calgary. LOL! :lol: That will let your car stretch its tires. ;)
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Haha I went as far as banff with my last mx. I frequent between van and vernon a lot tho.. I must put on 40k a year :s
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Hey guys........I may be out West then on holidays.....the word "maybe".......... :lol:

When you set a date I will see if I can work my vacation around it...........it would great to meet all of you. :D

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

well i've found out my return date is may 15th, but i don't think im going be to be able go unless i borrow a car or swap/repair my engine because it was pretty bad before i left and i dun feel like breaking down half way =P

so if i could get help with finding an engine and help with the work to get it swapped when i get home would be greatly appreciated as i would LOVE to go on a trip again this year. (4cyl, so probably a BP)

communication will be a tiny bit difficult due to me currently being in asia
wyldside
Supporting Member

Post by wyldside »

Evo_Spec wrote:... if i could get help with finding an engine and help with the work to get it swapped when i get home would be greatly appreciated as i would LOVE to go on a trip again this year. (4cyl, so probably a BP)
It is possible that Jesse, Curt and myself can assist you with this. I've just finished pulling the engine out of my white MX-3 and getting ready to put it into my Grey one. I should be able to finish that up before you get back so that the hoist and engine stands are free. Either that, or Jesse might have room at his place. It's been a while since I've done a BP swap, but it should be easy enough... provided you don't turbo it. :shock:
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

i've been thinking we should stick with kelowna this year and while at the meet we can start talking about holding it somewhere else next year. just because it's getting almost too late for people to start booking time off. it looks like we will shoot for july 17th for the actual meet day and camping around that day, so depends on when people get time off and how much. sorry to the people that might not make it but this has been a pretty constant date for the last six years i've been doing it and it works best for almost all of the mxwest members that try to make the trek. with this much notice almost everyone should be able to book time off to make it, even if it is only for saturday. i will check into some other camping options, maybe see if there is somewhere a little more private and forgiving for noise but at this point it is either bear creek or fintry.
1993 White gs klze.
rece

Post by rece »

Dali wrote:at this point it is either bear creek or fintry.
that is if fintry didnt burn down. I prefer bear creek and would be willing to book it with the same arrangements as last year. this is the only way i see it working smoothly.

I guess we need a FINAL date and then we can make the arrangements
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs
Dali
Supporting Member

Post by Dali »

here is a event's guide for kelowna http://www.tourismkelowna.com/visitors/ ... r/july.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; there is some stuff going on for july 17th but it should not interfer with us going to the park in the afternoon. another thing not listed in the swim on the 17th in the morning but that was all over and cleared out before we even got there last time.
1993 White gs klze.
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

Dali wrote:it looks like we will shoot for july 17th for the actual meet day and camping around that day, so depends on when people get time off and how much. sorry to the people that might not make it but this has been a pretty constant date for the last six years i've been doing it and it works best for almost all of the mxwest members that try to make the trek.
Never knew that was the date for the last 6 years :shock:
but this date is good for ME, as it gives me the needed time to figure out and hopefully fix my car.
wyldside wrote:
Evo_Spec wrote:if i could get help with finding an engine and help with the work to get it swapped when i get home would be greatly appreciated as i would LOVE to go on a trip again this year. (4cyl, so probably a BP)
It is possible that Jesse, Curt and myself can assist you with this. I've just finished pulling the engine out of my white MX-3 and getting ready to put it into my Grey one. I should be able to finish that up before you get back so that the hoist and engine stands are free. Either that, or Jesse might have room at his place. It's been a while since I've done a BP swap, but it should be easy enough... provided you don't turbo it. :shock:
Thanks, its nice to know i can get help with this as im quite iffy about doing it myself.
haha, i wish i was gonna turbo it XD but current funds barely allow me to swap the engine so i hope it's going to be generally light on my wallet. I still need to figure out where to get an engine cause i dun really want one from the junkyard, hopefully mike will sell me the one he's got :D
rece

Post by rece »

teh best dates in my opinion are friday July 16 to the July 18 or as an alternate July 30-Aug 1 for the base of the meet.

and being that i will most likely be the one to do the booking those dates work best for me.

please reply if you are able to make both of these dates and we will base the booking around the largest group able to come.

Ill start it off.

Jesse and Jacki - Both
Jesse<BR>red 92 gs

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”