Fast blinker

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Fast blinker

Post by mitmaks »

My left turn signal is blinking very rapidly. I know it's not bulbs cause both of them work (might try brand new ones in case but I don't think they're problem) On colder, dry days it doesn't blink as fast but when its humid/raining outside it's real fast like 2 times per second lol, really annoying. I think ground is good...it's on the inside fenderwell if I'm correct ? Not sure what else could be problem.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Fast blinker

Post by fowljesse »

Mine does it, too. I wonder if the flasher relay could short... but that would affect both sides, right?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
ionic1000

Post by ionic1000 »

My left one was doing the same thing and when I took it apart to check the bulb it was still good, but I noticed a lot of corrosion on the socket. The corrosion was so bad that the spring plate at the bottom of the socket was stuck and misaligned which caused a misconnection with the bulb. Long story short I ordered a new socket plug and put it in. No more problems and it works great!
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I took mine apart and cleaned it with electric parts cleaner, no corrosion whatsoever.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
ionic1000

Post by ionic1000 »

What tipped me off was I left the blinker going and went to remove it and about half way through it must of aligned because it started blinking regular. I would try that and check your rear blinker also.
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

blinkers usually blink fast because a bulb on the same circuit as it may be blown. check all your lights
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Needs moar blinker fluid... :roll:
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

either that or a new muffler bearing, i heard they effect it too.

Only $8.99 - http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_pa ... ducts_id=6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You'll have to wait though, they are sold out.

Link to muffler bearing, $49.99
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

how come all mitmak's threads turn into joke threads? poor guy...

what everyone is saying is right tho... need to look for some sort of impedance. or lack thereof..
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I also have a fast signal light. I have checked all the wiring and the sockets seem clean though I will recheck that. It could be a signal relay. There must be one for each side. The signal circuits have to be switched separately.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

no, they are all inside the single flasher unit. which could have gone bad i suppose.. but i would guess either your flashers work or they dont if your flasher relay is defective.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Try just replacing all the bulbs if the sockets and grounds are good. It is pretty simple, there are only a few parts in the blinker elec line anyway. Bulb, socket, ground, relay.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Anyone know which bulb I need, i went to local parts store and they have all these bulbs that look same but have different numbers. Anyone?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

mitmaks wrote:Anyone know which bulb I need, i went to local parts store and they have all these bulbs that look same but have different numbers. Anyone?
1157 for the front (parking/flasher), 1156 for the rear (just flasher) and the little side marker lights are 194
Thassodar

Post by Thassodar »

Sorry to bring up a old thread but I figured it'd be better than making a completely new one for the same problem.

My left blinker blinks rapidly and works intermittently. I had to replace the relay for my running lights about 6 months ago and after changing all the bulbs I'm thinking it may be the relay for this as well.

My question is: Where is the relay? Is it in the same bundle of relays the running lights were on? If I could find it I would have changed it already. Thanks for any help!
Hey-yo chicken on a raft.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”