Were you @ the Astrodome after hurricane katrina?

Off-Topic Discussions
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Were you @ the Astrodome after hurricane katrina?

Post by fowljesse »

I was just thinking about this, and wondered if any of you happened to be there. I spent about 13 hours a day volunteering there from the day they started accepting poeple, until everyone had somewhere else to go. I'm looking to share stories.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
colinsmx3

Re: Were you @ the Astrodome after hurricane katrina?

Post by colinsmx3 »

You seriouse? Not to poke fun but this was 4 yrs ago....
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

colinsmx3 wrote:You seriouse? Not to poke fun but this was 4 yrs ago....
so what? and people are still suffering from it

people talk about 9/11 still too
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes, quite. There was so much that went on there, that it would be good to look back, find out how people did afterward, and confirm some things I heard from the people about how it all went down in N.O. the day the Levees broke. I was chosen to talk to the media by The Red Cross, and other groups about what was happening there during my time, because my self appointed job was to know exactly what each group was doing, and relay information to reduce redundancy, and keep it as efficient as possible. I had to turn down CNN, BBC, and other major media for briefings because I was too busy, so I know some things, and heard some things that the government wouldn't confirm. I am hoping to talk to some others who know.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

i was in MS during Katrina.... no power or water for 21 days. I thought that was terrible untill i drove around and saw all the damage.
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

I think of all the natural disasters in the history of north america, there was none more mis-handled than that of the hurricane in new orleans that fateful day. My heart always has and will continue to go out to the casualties and their families. I could never imagine feeling such hardship.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “Off-Topic”