Resons to get a Stage 2 or up clutch/flywheel?

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Dark_Rider2k3

Resons to get a Stage 2 or up clutch/flywheel?

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

So I'm just curious if it's worth it for me to get a performance clutch/flywheel (was thinking of a Stage 2 clutch)....

the reason I ask is that the car is primarily a DD, and from what I've heard performance clutch kits are not really DD friendly.

So just curious of your thoughts / opinions. The car will be in some drag races once the BP is in, but again.. it's mainly a DD
hgallegos915

Re: Resons to get a Stage 2 or up clutch/flywheel?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Rubbish!! Its not true that those clutches make cars not driveable, you have to really not know how to drive a standard card to not be able to drive with a really agressive clutch. To me a clutch should not be really easy to push.. you need to be abkle to feel the clutch and the sweet spot.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If your not planning on turboing I see no reason for a stage two.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

if your running a ze than i think stage 2 is the way to go..the stock clutch isnt rated for the power and slips a bit when powershifting... a stage 2 wont restrain you from going through the driv-thru's either... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Ok, sooo.. does that mean you have a B6 now? And you'll be going to the BP later? If it's a DD I'd leave the fly alone. If you are changing to a G series tranny from the F... then wait till the swap is done. Otherwise you'll be dropping about $500 each. Try for a full surface clutch like the Spec2+ if you want to have a good working clutch with a smooth engagement.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Avoid puck style clutches for daily drivers...and don't go to a really light fliywheel. Puck style clutches are grabbier than disc type and a light flywheel makes it hard to engage smoothly. Great for drags, not so goo din stop and go traffic.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “Transmissions”