What Is Logical?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
JH1rvey
antispam: No

What Is Logical?

Post by JH1rvey »

I have been thinking long and hard about the turbo charging and have come to the concluseon that it might not be such a hot idea.

The thing is all I really want the car to do is accelerate when your left by a Skoda Fabia VRS :oops: then you know that the car needs somthing doing to it.

What I'm thinking is instead of a rip snorting dragon. All I really want everyday little practical car that when the want takes me can ripe my face off (Hot Hatch).

I know the basics of internal combustion: suck-squeze-bang-blow :D . I also understand that the suck needs a bigger intake. The squeze needs stronger valves an cams. The bang is going to need more fuel then what my current fuel pump can cater for and the blow is going to need a full exhuast.
The last one is easy it's the other 3 which I'm not sure about.

I have an idea about the valves and cams, veriable valves and race cams. I can get the manifolds and exhaust sytem made from scratch but what about the throttle body what size can fit the same as fuel pump as I might as well take them off the same car.

My problem is which car has the same equipment as my '97 but just has more cappacity?

Before anyone mensions it I am well arrear that I will need a remap to control everything. by the way what should the '97 bhp be?

Thanks 4 reading.
jkbreazeale

Re: What Is Logical?

Post by jkbreazeale »

Ima going to assume that your car is the 1.6 DOHC so.... 106 hp according to the factory specs.
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Not to be rude... but you need to know your car better and what it can do. You are going way over the top. The engine can handle a turbo in its stock form. Please use the search function, read the FAQ's and the WorkLogs. All the information you could ever want is on this site.
JH1rvey

Post by JH1rvey »

Wait it can handle a Tub's in stock form? It is defenatly 1600, well according to the V5(Pink Slip) so all that I need to know is in the FAQ's and work logs.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

so you have a 97 (probably OBDII) DOHC... 5 speed? or Auto? It better be a 5 speed or you are in need of some major work.
JH1rvey

Post by JH1rvey »

Yes it is a 5speed manual.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”