One Piece Aluminum B-Pillar Bar

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
JWMX3

Re: One Piece Aluminum B-Pillar Bar

Post by JWMX3 »

It would be 65 cdn +shipping+mx-3.com donation for a bare aluminum bar with a brushed finish

the pictures i posted is just raw aluminum, no brushed look done at all to mine.

there is a powdercoating shop with a good reputation about a 30 min drive from me, I'll call tomorrow and get a price quote and relay that price to you guys.
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ukrman wrote:I have the automatic seatbelts... would this work, or would I need to modify some things?
good question. can you take a picture of your b-pillar area with the belts all the way forward ? my guess is you'd have to do a manual belt conversion but i'm still interested to see pics. unfortunately i dont know anyone with auto belts locally :shrug:
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

I will take it apart and take some pics tomorrow...
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Heres a link to the powedercoating place i would use

http://www.birdsperformancecoatings.com

I spoke to him on the phone today, described the bar and he said it "would be about 30 bucks" for a standard color gloss finish powder coat
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

so... can you make this usable for a 4 point seatbelt harness? Or will I have to have a steel one made?
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Joe, put me down for one :)
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ukrman wrote:I will take it apart and take some pics tomorrow...
I found an mx with auto belts at the scrap yard today and had a look. it will not work. manual belts only ! :(

RS_OBD'oh_2 - sent you a pm
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

thank you for the PM. Add me to the list for this one for now, please and thank you.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Group Buy has started. thread here viewtopic.php?f=12&t=72374

instead of charging 65 and extra 25 for the powdercoating (90)

I made the price to include powdercoat (80) since anyone interested would most likely want it anyways.

color options are in the GB thread

any comments post here or PM me
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

yea i got the auto seat belts also but dam i want one ! where can you buy them asap
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

^ LOL

Joe.. PM sent with some questions!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

so I'm bummed... I've wanted one of these for some time and somebody finally makes one and it is for manual belts only?! :freak: :crying:

So I was looking at the pics... how come I couldn't just drill a hole in my b-pillar panel and attach this bar with just a bolt?
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Mooneggs wrote:so I'm bummed... I've wanted one of these for some time and somebody finally makes one and it is for manual belts only?! :freak: :crying:

So I was looking at the pics... how come I couldn't just drill a hole in my b-pillar panel and attach this bar with just a bolt?
well.. with manual belts their is about a 1 inch long spacer and 2 washers between the car body and seat belt bracket that fits in behind the b pillar trim. including the width of the belt bracket I suppose if would work for you if you raided those few parts from a junk yard . could probably use the trim piece from a car with manual belts too, so the hole is just perfect

my first intention with this part was to make it work with no cutting panels or any hack work to make it purely "bolt on". usually thats the first question people ask :shrug: thats why it came out manual belts only. they can be made different ways... I could of made it for both belts and without the need for the auto belt guys to have to get extra parts from the scrap, but ALL of your guys b pillar panels( auto and manual) would of needed a big hole drilled in them, not just for a bolt, but for the entire bracket and bar to fit thru, ending up with a Gigantic hole in the trim piece. just like what colin did on his "show car".b pillar bar. i didnt like that design at all
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i just had a thought, make these for auto belts, so when the doors open the bar moves with the belt and smashes you in the back of the head. muhahaha
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

JWMX3 wrote: well.. with manual belts their is about a 1 inch long spacer and 2 washers between the car body and seat belt bracket that fits in behind the b pillar trim. including the width of the belt bracket I suppose if would work for you if you raided those few parts from a junk yard . could probably use the trim piece from a car with manual belts too, so the hole is just perfect

my first intention with this part was to make it work with no cutting panels or any hack work to make it purely "bolt on". usually thats the first question people ask :shrug: thats why it came out manual belts only. they can be made different ways... I could of made it for both belts and without the need for the auto belt guys to have to get extra parts from the scrap, but ALL of your guys b pillar panels( auto and manual) would of needed a big hole drilled in them, not just for a bolt, but for the entire bracket and bar to fit thru, ending up with a Gigantic hole in the trim piece. just like what colin did on his "show car".b pillar bar. i didnt like that design at all
I guess my first question is why did you not have the bar connect behind the spacer? For structural integrity, wouldn't you want the bar connecting flush to the metal b-pillars than rather than an inch on top?

As far as drilling a hole in the plastic it would only be the width of the bar so it's not bad (same difference for cutting the hole in the plastic for the rear strut bar).

Return to “New Product Development”