RE-BUILD AND TURBO'D

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Re: RE-BUILD AND TURBO'D

Post by nos92mx3 »

Finch wrote:
nos92mx3 wrote:My b6 took alot of abuse and held up perfectly fine, the clutch/tires not so much.
Turbo the b6 run a decently sized turbo and spend some money on a good engine management setup.
do you know even roughly how much power your pushing with a turbo'd b6?
Never had it dynoed. Would hate to guess, with the car gutted and fooling around one night i made a 1/4 mile pass and trapped between 115-117, no traction probably a low 13 sec slip, but will never know...
It made the car fun to drive, sometimes a handful if you mashed it and the wheels werent straight :D
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Finch
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Finch »

yea i dont think i need to do a full swap... i am gonna rebuild at least my top end... im pretty sure one of my valve guides is screwed anyways... i wouldnt wanna slap a turbo onto a motor that wont handle it... but if i could have my car hitting 13 second quarter mile times i'd be happy!
----"A Real Car has 3 Pedals"----

2007 Satin White Pearl Subaru Wrx 2.5L
2007 Blue Subaru Impreza Sedan 2.5I Special Edition - Sold
1996 Black Mazda MX-3 RS - Sold for Part
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

before i went with the turbo i have now i contemplated a t3 super 60.
I had a ihi vj14/17 hybrid before and loved how it spooled and the power it made, if i wanted a really fast spooling street turbo that made good power i would go with either the super 60 or the hybrid, with the hybrid you can bolt on the stock b6t parts. Or with a super 60 you could by my b6 manifold :D
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Finch wrote:yea, well im thinkin about just rebuilding everything and building it to handle a turbo... im not looking to have an insaine fast mx-3.. i just wanna be able to take it to the drag strip and not get killed by a civic.. lol
i gotta 1.6 soch and i still roast the non v-tech guys, 1.5red tops and and 1.8 single are nothin haha
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”