First MX3

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
b19gale
antispam: No

First MX3

Post by b19gale »

My name is Billy, I am new to MX3's and know very little about them. I have a 1993 MX3 w/1.8 v6 and a 5speed. It is bone stock. I am a former DSMer and miss mine sooo much, I will have one again when i get back on my feet. Until then I want to make this MX3 live up to its potential. I laughed at it when i bought it. My DSM was 2.0 4cyl turbochraged pushing 15+lbs of boost. It was fast and fun to drive, I thought well hell, back to a slow non performing car. Me being me I decided shortly after buying it i wanted to see what it could do. And to be honest it surprised,it was alot more zippy(only way i can describe it) then i thought it would be. With that said, i will be reading things alot here learning about this car as this appears to be one of the only sites i can see for these cars. If there are sites for the MX3 like there is for dsm's I mean like vfaq.com or companies that specialize in mx3's like roadraceengineering.com does for DSMs please let me know. Thank-you.
solo_ryder

Re: First MX3

Post by solo_ryder »

Welcome to the site. Your not the first DSM'er to come over to the MX3 for one reason or another. Anyways, do some research on the KLZE swap for the mx and see where that takes you. A boosted ZE mx3 is nothing to laugh at and will put alot of DSM's to shame (at least on a roll). Have fun, ask questions when you get stuck, theres always ppl to help.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Welcome to the site, take some time and read up on the swaps, faqs are a big help to start learning about the different engines. Oh and before someone burns you remember that search is your friend, use it before asking to avoid the search flame.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mmmx3

Post by mmmx3 »

welcome. post some pics of ur car.
what color is yours?

mine's black. it's basically stock.

yeah this is little v6 likes to rev and pretty peppy.
when i played with the mx6's v6, it doesn't seem as
peppy as mx3's but definitely more power.
ken
b19gale

Post by b19gale »

I wil get a pic or 2 before too long. Its blue.Just about this color. Nothing aftermarket on it at all, havent even got the windows tinted.
I am already looking into the KL-ZE swap, mainly because i am having problems with the car atm, and I am not sure what is wrong because I am in an apt w/out a garage or access to one. If it turns out to be a big problem I may just say f it and do the swap.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

welcome! you'll soon see that your mx-3 can be even more fun than your DSM ever was... I've had alot of friends with DSM's and they were always shocked I could keep up and even beat some of them... As far as websites there aren't too much custom performance parts that you can just buy. Most of the guys on here have all custom turbo setups so check out some of the worklogs. We recently did some pretty sweet group buys (full poly bushings kit, CF hatches, Adjustable cam pulleys, etc.) It just depends where your focus will be (power, handling, aesthetics).
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Nearly everything we do for the mx3 is custom, or in some way adapted from other cars.

Take a look through the worklogs, you will see some interesting stuff!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome to the site. One thing that stands out about these cars is that you can double the HP, AND have reliability. I have a mostly stock GS, and one with 2X the power that will most likely last for over 300,000 miles. Even the boosted guys, and ITBs revving to 12,000 regularly have had almost no problems. For power, check out the 1,000HP KLZE.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
b19gale

Post by b19gale »

ty for all the info and the welcome
mmmx3

Post by mmmx3 »

1000hp klze..... :shock:

i don't know how to search....any links/video clips? :p

and the 0-60 for 1000hp is ???? whoa
don't tell me it's the klze on the old 323 with individual intakes!!
that thing runs 11sec for 1/4 miles :shock:

one thing i don't like my k8 is, it burns oil......like every 1000miles for 1 quart.
ken
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Haha, no one on here will ever come close to 1k HP on a ZE or will know anyone that did.

The 11 sec 323 is running at or under 300hp...light car and high revs make for a nasty monster!

Oil consumption is a common problem w/ older k8's. No real way to fix it w/o a rebuild or an engine swap!

But Jesse is right, a ZE swap is 200 crank hp, add some cams, headers and engine tuning and you can have 200whp no problem.

For F/I, anything over 300hp is most likely going to break trannys. A simple ZE swap will get the car into the low 14s range, adding tuning, cams etc will be a 13s car. Most turbo ZE guys hit 12's w/ a cheap ebay kit.

To get below 12's is possible, but will take time, money and tuning. If you want to strip the car down like the 323 sure, go ahead - it will get you there alot faster.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Haha, no one on here will ever come close to 1k HP on a ZE or will know anyone that did.
Its been done before...

http://www.offroadvw.net/bajawes/V6_baj ... E_cars.htm
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Savin

Post by Savin »

onlytrueromeo wrote:Haha, no one on here will ever come close to 1k HP on a ZE or will know anyone that did.
I think he implies we're all too broke(those on this board) to afford such things like that. :wink:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

I didn't say it wasnt done, just that none of us will ever see it personally. Ever. Please, prove me wrong and I will eat my words when I come fly out to see the amazing beast you create :mrgreen:
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

:lol: I would love to see that "beast" created

just out of curiosity, whats the most powerful KL MX-3 on here?
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Return to “Introduction Forum”